+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Work Visa Sponsorship

ryog

Nov 21, 2023
Hi,

I am currently in US on H1B. I would like to know if a Company ( my company) can sponsor me a Canada Work Visa even if they do not have office in Canada. My Client has a office in Canada and is willing to provide all the required documents.

Thanks,
Yog

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am currently in US on H1B. I would like to know if a Company ( my company) can sponsor me a Canada Work Visa even if they do not have office in Canada. My Client has a office in Canada and is willing to provide all the required documents.

Thanks,
Yog
No your US company can not sponsor your Canadian WP. If your client wants to hire you directly they can attempt to get an LMIA and sponsor your WP but that would mean working under a closed WP in Canada and not using your H1B. You could also try and apply for PR and then you’d be able to work in Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl

ryog

Nov 21, 2023
Thanks @canuck78.

What if my Company gets into a Contract with Employer of Record which can operate from Canada? This will help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can give the visa contract if you can do it that would be great for me
What is a ”visa contract”? Get a job, get job offer, ask employer to file for LMIA proving no Canadian or PR can do the job…only you. Then with LMIA apply for closed work permit showing your job experience, education and language skills.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @canuck78.

What if my Company gets into a Contract with Employer of Record which can operate from Canada? This will help?
You would need to be hired directly by the employer of record. That employer would need to apply for an LMIA and if they get one you can apply for a WP with no guarantee of approval.