+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada work visa for clients without office location.

satz88

Mar 12, 2020
My H1B visa is going to max out and GC are in plans. Unlike large service companies (CTS, TCS Infy), My employer do not have an office in Canada but has clients in Ontario region. Is it possible for my employer to process work visa so that i can work from Canada for couple of years?

If yes, do we need any documents from client apart form the contract documents?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My H1B visa is going to max out and GC are in plans. Unlike large service companies (CTS, TCS Infy), My employer do not have an office in Canada but has clients in Ontario region. Is it possible for my employer to process work visa so that i can work from Canada for couple of years?

If yes, do we need any documents from client apart form the contract documents?
This is not going to be easy or simple.

An ICT (intra-company transfer) visa is not an option. For this visa to be an option, your company would need to have physical offices and operations in Canada.

Since the ICT isn't an option, they would need to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit. I don't think it's possible for them to apply for an LMIA without operations in Canada. Yes, there is a great deal more required for the LMIA process than jsut the client contract documents. For starters, they will need to advertise your job in Canada to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. You can find the full details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

Again, not sure the LMIA is even possible if your company doesn't have operations here. The LMIA is required for you to get the work permit.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank you so much @scylla. That helps.
1. What are my other options?
2. Getting an PR?
1. You need to give more detail before members can tell on options.
Whats your current option in US side as you said 2 years here and also maxing out H1. So there is no 140 or labor filed for you yet and if so then how are you planning to get back after 2 years?
2. Did you check on the point system yet to know how many points you would need to qualify? If not then check more on it to get prepared. You cant also easily get PR without enough points as nowadays the points keep going up.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much @scylla. That helps.
What are my other options? Getting an PR?
Your other options would be:

1) Find an employer who is actually located in Canada who is willing to give you a job offer and go through the LMIA process. This will likely be next to impossible to do (very hard to find employers willing to go through this process) and would require you to stop wroking for your current employer if you move to Canada on a work permit with the new employer.
2) Research Canada's economic immigration programs. Start with the Express Entry program. It's a points-based program and you want to have around 470+ to have a decent chance of being selected. If you go the economic immigration route, plan on the process taking at least a year once you factor in language tests, educational assessments, submitting your application, processing times, etc.

satz88

Mar 12, 2020
1. You need to give more detail before members can tell on options.
Whats your current option in US side as you said 2 years here and also maxing out H1. So there is no 140 or labor filed for you yet and if so then how are you planning to get back after 2 years?
2. Did you check on the point system yet to know how many points you would need to qualify? If not then check more on it to get prepared. You cant also easily get PR without enough points as nowadays the points keep going up.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html
H1 Max out is end of 2020. PERM has been filled but not sure if we will be able to get PERM & i140 approved before max out. So looking at other possibilities. My manager has no problem in working from anywhere but the employer policies doesnt support. Either i have to go back to India and work from India, but that leave a question whether my employer will bring me back after a certain period of time or connect from Canada.

satz88

Mar 12, 2020
Your other options would be:

1) Find an employer who is actually located in Canada who is willing to give you a job offer and go through the LMIA process. This will likely be next to impossible to do (very hard to find employers willing to go through this process) and would require you to stop wroking for your current employer if you move to Canada on a work permit with the new employer.
2) Research Canada's economic immigration programs. Start with the Express Entry program. It's a points-based program and you want to have around 470+ to have a decent chance of being selected. If you go the economic immigration route, plan on the process taking at least a year once you factor in language tests, educational assessments, submitting your application, processing times, etc.
Thanks scylla