+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Work permit holder can visit US ?

Anita Patil

Nov 21, 2017
Hello ,

I might be starting the same thread again for my query , but because rules are changing per year so starting new thread .

I have Valid Work permit Visa for Canada which will expire in 2019, I wanted to travel to US to visit my relatives in new York. So can I visit US without visitor visa from Canada? If not , can I get US visitor from Canada ? Is mandatory duration of stay required in Canada to get US visa?

Thank you so much in advanced .

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Unless you are a visa exempt passport holder you will need to apply for a US visit visa.

Sure you can apply for US visit visa from within Canada and would need to meet the same requirements as any other applicant. Whether the US take any account of time in Canada no idea, they will be more interested in reason for visit and fact that you will leave after your visit so having a work permit shows some intent.

Anita Patil

Nov 21, 2017
Unless you are a visa exempt passport holder you will need to apply for a US visit visa.

Sure you can apply for US visit visa from within Canada and would need to meet the same requirements as any other applicant. Whether the US take any account of time in Canada no idea, they will be more interested in reason for visit and fact that you will leave after your visit so having a work permit shows some intent.
Thank You for this Information .