+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Work permit from US

Ahmed1982

Feb 14, 2023
Hi,
Currently i am in US and my H1B cap is getting expired. I am applying for Canada work permit from US, hopefully once i get the work permit I will travel. Have couple of question on my dependent travel. Please suggest/help out

1. Principal applicant will be in Canada - Can dependent leave US to India and travel back from India ?
  2. Principal applicant will be in Canada - If they can't travel what is the alternate process?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Currently i am in US and my H1B cap is getting expired. I am applying for Canada work permit from US, hopefully once i get the work permit I will travel. Have couple of question on my dependent travel. Please suggest/help out

1. Principal applicant will be in Canada - Can dependent leave US to India and travel back from India ?
  2. Principal applicant will be in Canada - If they can't travel what is the alternate process?
So you have a LMIA/LMIA exempt and applying for work permit. Your dependant (spouse or child) can be approved for a visa and return to India and then enter Canada.