+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada will start taking biometrics in 2013 from Visitors!

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Countries and territories whose citizens will soon need to provide biometric information to enter Canada as visitors
List of Countries/Territories

The Government of Canada has proposed to introduce biometric identity screening for nationals of 29 countries and 1 territory when they apply for a temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit. Once final, this change would take effect in 2013.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) plans to introduce the following changes in 2013:

If you are a national of a country or territory listed below, you will need to appear in person to have your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) taken when you apply for a:

temporary resident visa,
study permit, or
work permit.
CIC will start to collect this information from people on a mandatory basis in September 2013. By December 2013, biometric screening will be mandatory for all temporary resident applicants who are a national of a country or territory listed below. The following are the proposed dates when mandatory collection of biometric information will begin:

September 2, 2013:

Columbia
Haiti
Jamaica
October 15, 2013:

Albania
Algeria
Democratic Republic of Congo
Eritrea
Libya
Nigeria
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Tunisa
December 7, 2013:

Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Burma (Myanmar)
Cambodia
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Laos
Lebanon
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Syria
Vietnam
Yemen
Palestinian Authority
These dates are subject to change. Visit this website in spring 2013 to confirm when this will take effect for you.

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Countries and territories whose citizens will soon need to provide biometric information to enter Canada as visitors
List of Countries/Territories

The Government of Canada has proposed to introduce biometric identity screening for nationals of 29 countries and 1 territory when they apply for a temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit. Once final, this change would take effect in 2013.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) plans to introduce the following changes in 2013:

If you are a national of a country or territory listed below, you will need to appear in person to have your fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) taken when you apply for a:

temporary resident visa,
study permit, or
work permit.
CIC will start to collect this information from people on a mandatory basis in September 2013. By December 2013, biometric screening will be mandatory for all temporary resident applicants who are a national of a country or territory listed below. The following are the proposed dates when mandatory collection of biometric information will begin:

September 2, 2013:

Columbia
Haiti
Jamaica
October 15, 2013:

Albania
Algeria
Democratic Republic of Congo
Eritrea
Libya
Nigeria
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Tunisa
December 7, 2013:

Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Burma (Myanmar)
Cambodia
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Laos
Lebanon
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Syria
Vietnam
Yemen
Palestinian Authority
These dates are subject to change. Visit this website in spring 2013 to confirm when this will take effect for you.
Thanks for the info, day after day rules getting worst!! my last hope is Canada PR this will solve a lots of my problems, i hope new year brings good news for us! congra cocknbull for PR ;) when u planned to land and where?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rKo said:
Thanks for the info, day after day rules getting worst!! my last hope is Canada PR this will solve a lots of my problems, i hope new year brings good news for us! congra cocknbull for PR ;) when u planned to land and where?
hi RKO!

Thanks dear. I hope and pray you also get your visa soon. I am planning to land in March 2013 and place not decided yet, could be Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver..