+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada vs. USA (Take Home)

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Which companies you would suggest that have a good work life balance and better pay?
Shopify, US based tech companies...all good...work/life u know by reading glassdoor and their careers page...you have to read between lines..."work hard, play hard" = no work life balance....strong emphasis on culture is good

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Salaries are getting better. I got USD 150k job now from remote US company. I can live and work anywhere in Canada (and winter in caribbean, if i like)...dont have to stay in Toronto with its high rents.
That is a very good pay. Close to 200KCAD. Which role u work in and years of exp?

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Shopify, US based tech companies...all good...work/life u know by reading glassdoor and their careers page...you have to read between lines..."work hard, play hard" = no work life balance....strong emphasis on culture is good
How does tax work if you work for US company remotely from Canada? Do you have to file both USA and Canada taxes?

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
How does tax work if you work for US company remotely from Canada? Do you have to file both USA and Canada taxes?
I get a t4 and I file only Canadian taxes. All my company needs is a business license in Ontario, which is not hard to get.