+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visitor Visa from Pakistan 2019 (Biometric Validity letter)

Mkc81

Jul 15, 2019
Hi,

I applied for canada visit visa on 26th June, 2019 at cic online portal from Pakistan. I got my biometric validity letter on 16th July, 2019 but have not been updated by cic since then. The application processing time estimate is 40 days for application from Pakistan; however, I have heard that after biometric validity letter the decision of visa office is posted within 1 or 2 days but it's been 8 days and they haven't updated me. Why are they taking so long? Is it normal or is there any problem? Please help me with this matter.

Regards,

@Bryanna You are one of the most experienced user here. Can you please help me?
Any other person that have good experience and knowledge about the process?

shayan1

Sep 7, 2012
Hi,

I applied for canada visit visa on 26th June, 2019 at cic online portal from Pakistan. I got my biometric validity letter on 16th July, 2019 but have not been updated by cic since then. The application processing time estimate is 40 days for application from Pakistan; however, I have heard that after biometric validity letter the decision of visa office is posted within 1 or 2 days but it's been 8 days and they haven't updated me. Why are they taking so long? Is it normal or is there any problem? Please help me with this matter.

Regards,

@Bryanna You are one of the most experienced user here. Can you please help me?
Any other person that have good experience and knowledge about the process?
You should be getting a positive answer soon inshallah
Can you kindly tell me what documents did you submit as in travel plan or tourist attractions etc thank you

Mkc81

Jul 15, 2019
Hi,

I will be visiting my significant other(we have not married yet). She is South Korean national currently living in Canada on an IEC work permit. She have done same experiences in Australia and Japan respectively. We met at an online american accredited university (Penn State World Campus) about an year ago. As for the concern of the document, I have submitted a letter of invitation from her that assure that I will be returning to Pakistan after a 14 day scheduled visit. For finance, I have attached an affidavit from my father stating that he have good earnings and he will be giving me 2100 cad grant and a return flight ticket to support my visit as I am only dependent child on my parents and I am currently a student. I applied for Canada study visa last year on the grounds of getting admission at University of Toronto (B.Sc Computer Science). However, my visa was rejected. The reason that CIC cited for my rejection was lack of financial status (I managed to show only 40k cad worth bank statements). I was just curious that they have not reached me whilst of sending biometric validity letter because I have heard from multiple people here that it only take 1-2 days for decision to be updated at the portal after biometric validity letter.

Regards,

shayan1

Sep 7, 2012
Hi,

I will be visiting my significant other(we have not married yet). She is South Korean national currently living in Canada on an IEC work permit. She have done same experiences in Australia and Japan respectively. We met at an online american accredited university (Penn State World Campus) about an year ago. As for the concern of the document, I have submitted a letter of invitation from her that assure that I will be returning to Pakistan after a 14 day scheduled visit. For finance, I have attached an affidavit from my father stating that he have good earnings and he will be giving me 2100 cad grant and a return flight ticket to support my visit as I am only dependent child on my parents and I am currently a student. I applied for Canada study visa last year on the grounds of getting admission at University of Toronto (B.Sc Computer Science). However, my visa was rejected. The reason that CIC cited for my rejection was lack of financial status (I managed to show only 40k cad worth bank statements). I was just curious that they have not reached me whilst of sending biometric validity letter because I have heard from multiple people here that it only take 1-2 days for decision to be updated at the portal after biometric validity letter.

Regards,
Hi
Ok thats cool yeah im sure you will get it i have read some other people discussing same issues while i was just browsing old posts but eventually they got it
The letter and ticket makes it a strong case
Anytime now inshAllah
Best of luck

Mkc81

Jul 15, 2019
so did u get it? i feel like they might reject u if they give validity letter in 3 weeks its a no mostly
Hi Maria,

I apologize for the late reply. So, it's been 22 days since I got the bio-metric validity letter and no update yet. My application passed the normal processing time for Pakistan, i.e. 40 days at the time of application submission, but except bio-metric validity letter I got no such update. I contacted the CIC Abu dhabi for case specific inquiry on 5th August, 2019, they replied me on 6th August, 2019 that my application is finalized and I will receive the application decision through online portal soon. I wonder what will happen. But also if they really reject me as you mentioned about getting biometric validity within 3 weeks is likely refusal, then they wouldn't have taken so long time and also would not have replied me with the status as ongoing and pending final decision when I sent them a case specific inquiry.

Regards,

Reactions: shayan1

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hi Maria,

I apologize for the late reply. So, it's been 22 days since I got the bio-metric validity letter and no update yet. My application passed the normal processing time for Pakistan, i.e. 40 days at the time of application submission, but except bio-metric validity letter I got no such update. I contacted the CIC Abu dhabi for case specific inquiry on 5th August, 2019, they replied me on 6th August, 2019 that my application is finalized and I will receive the application decision through online portal soon. I wonder what will happen. But also if they really reject me as you mentioned about getting biometric validity within 3 weeks is likely refusal, then they wouldn't have taken so long time and also would not have replied me with the status as ongoing and pending final decision when I sent them a case specific inquiry.

Regards,
so did u get the ppr?

shayan1

Sep 7, 2012
Hi Maria,

Regards,
I hope you get it inshAllah keep us posted

Mkc81

Jul 15, 2019
Thank you so much for the help guys. I got passport request on August 9, 2019. I submitted my passport to VAC Karachi the same day. I hope I will get my passport soon. My online portal shows my visa status as Approved!
Thanks again guys for your help.
Regards,

shayan1

Sep 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the help guys. I got passport request on August 9, 2019. I submitted my passport to VAC Karachi the same day. I hope I will get my passport soon. My online portal shows my visa status as Approved!
Thanks again guys for your help.
Regards,
Hey congrats
I told you that you will get positive answer mashallah very happy for you
Wish you Happy safe journey

Reactions: Mkc81

Mkc81

Jul 15, 2019
Hey congrats
I told you that you will get positive answer mashallah very happy for you
Wish you Happy safe journey
Thank you so much @shayan1. It is really nice to hear that. I got my passport yesterday at 11 am and I was happy to see the visa stamped on it. It is a multiple entry visa and is valid till 3 months before expiry of my passport. Really excited to visit Canada and meet my significant other soon. I would like to thank this forum as it helped me with many queries relating the online application

Regards,

shayan1

Sep 7, 2012
Thank you so much @shayan1. It is really nice to hear that. I got my passport yesterday at 11 am and I was happy to see the visa stamped on it. It is a multiple entry visa and is valid till 3 months before expiry of my passport. Really excited to visit Canada and meet my significant other soon. I would like to thank this forum as it helped me with many queries relating the online application

Regards,
hey
you're welcome that's awesome so happy for you I always like to think positive and encourage everyone
yeah I am sure you will have a very good time in Canada
I am praying for my good news too hopefully soon inshAllah

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hi Maria,

Regards,
congrats!! i see u got the visa...Can u plz share ur timeline