+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada visit visa delay

mohamedqtr

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied For a visit visa on September 10 from qatar via online.
Submitted biometric on September 12th.
Since then I had only two ghost update

and still in my profile it shows "we are reviewing your eligibility", and it is almost 80 days since applied.

I raised a web-form request last week and they replied me "Your application is in queue for review by an officer."
What does it mean actually mean by their reply? Can I keep a hope for approval after this much of waiting or shall I look for an alternative location for my vacation... Is there any possibility to withdraw and get refund now?

Last edited:

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi All,

and still in my profile it shows "we are reviewing your eligibility", and it is almost 80 days since applied.

I raised a web-form request last week and they replied me "Your application is in queue for review by an officer."
What does it mean actually mean by their reply? Can I keep a hope for approval after this much of waiting or shall I look for an alternative location for my vacation... Is there any possibility to withdraw and get refund now?
Processing delays are specific to Visa office. If you go on cic website and check for processing delays, what does it show as average time?

Based on reply you got, it is still in line for processing, nothing you can do except wait.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Hi All,

OK

Reactions: Winner Man

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
I am Permanent resident and I applied extended family trv for my fiance who was pursuing erasmus internship in Spain. So i believe that visa will be processed in Paris visa office. Right? But after finishing the internship my fiance will move to another country, and with the updated address the visa office will be in Ankara. Apart from updating the address using Webform, should i also contact the Paris Visa Office to transfer the file to Ankara VO ? Please suggest- thanks in advance for your help.

Can you suggest if TRVs are also processed in the respective visa office as PR applications? Or the trv is processed centrally in canada?

timeline:
Online application and AOR-2 june 2021
Biometrics request-3 june 2021
Biometrics done and updated to profile-18 june 2021.
No other update yet.
Also filed for gcms notes in the meanwhile.
Processing delays are specific to Visa office. If you go on cic website and check for processing delays, what does it show as average time?

Based on reply you got, it is still in line for processing, nothing you can do except wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am Permanent resident and I applied extended family trv for my fiance who was pursuing erasmus internship in Spain. So i believe that visa will be processed in Paris visa office. Right? But after finishing the internship my fiance will move to another country, and with the updated address the visa office will be in Ankara. Apart from updating the address using Webform, should i also contact the Paris Visa Office to transfer the file to Ankara VO ? Please suggest- thanks in advance for your help.

Can you suggest if TRVs are also processed in the respective visa office as PR applications? Or the trv is processed centrally in canada?

timeline:
Online application and AOR-2 june 2021
Biometrics request-3 june 2021
Biometrics done and updated to profile-18 june 2021.
No other update yet.
Also filed for gcms notes in the meanwhile.
You application is moving quickly so far.

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
You application is moving quickly so far.
How long do you predict it to reach some decision? Also, do you know anything about the Visa Office and the file transfer from one to another for TRVs, as mentioned in my earlier post? Are TRVs also sent to respective VOs where they are processed? In my case I assume that it should be in Paris VO and yesterday I sent a webform changing the address, so it should now move to Ankara VO.