+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada visa

Vasundara

Sep 5, 2019
I have secured seat in northern college for mobile application development of diploma course as I have done all the formalities I am in the last stage, that is visa, here I have an issue where I have gap in between my 12th and graduation my 12th has very low Mark's when compared 10th and graduation. I had gap of 3 years where I lost my father and by then I missed my maths exams that need to be taken up , so I thought I can prepare for both for next year and was working on competitive exams after that I had a leg injury for abt 1 and half year , after this immediately I wrote my exam but fetched less % of 420%.
My 10th was of 69%.My graduation in BCA computers is 75%.so here my question is how can I elaborate this explanation in a convincing way in Statement of purpose?and will this cause a problem as I took 3 years to clear a subject.only 1.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I'm sorry for your loss.
First off, if the university accepted you, there's nothing to worry about in terms of your grades. Secondly, it all boils down to your statement of purpose which is why I've also posted mine online over here to get reviews from different people. What you should do is just explain it all, everything that happened and do not leave a single detail in your SOP unwritten. Explain everything that you expect them to question and you're good to go.
Best of luck!

Reactions: Vasundara

Vasundara

Sep 5, 2019
first part isnt true. just because a school accepted one based on his grades does not mean ircc will do so as well. there have been multiple cases here.

you grades generally is fine. backlogs are very common among people from certain countries and since you only seem to have one its no issue.
what about the 3 years gap between 12th and graduation, should i need to justify my backlog for 3 years or tell it with competative exms and injury