+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visa without Invitation letter .

vaidhu

Jan 2, 2014
Hey Hi,

I am a US international student holding F1 student visa,it's been almost 1 year i am staying in US.I would like to visit my friend who is in Toronto,Canada for a week or so ,not more than 10 days.My friend is a international student in canada (not a PR/Citizen). When i tried to file my TRV online there is field asking invitation letter which i do not have.Here is my question can my friend who is a international student give me invitation letter ? if he cannot invite me what are the other ways i can apply for a TRV ?

Thank you ,
Vaidehi Addanki

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
vaidhu said:
can my friend who is a international student give me invitation letter ?
yes

vaidhu

Jan 2, 2014
Thank you for answering my question :)

I have a small question here. Previously i was told that if my friend so not have enough funds to sponsor me for my Canada visit i should be able to show minimum funds available with me .

Any idea of how much funds do me and my friend should have ? I am going only to visit my friend and i probably just visit Niagara falls that all.

Thanks ,
Vaidehi Addanki :)

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
vaidhu said:
Thank you for answering my question :)

I have a small question here. Previously i was told that if my friend so not have enough funds to sponsor me for my Canada visit i should be able to show minimum funds available with me .

Any idea of how much funds do me and my friend should have ? I am going only to visit my friend and i probably just visit Niagara falls that all.

Thanks ,
Vaidehi Addanki :)
There is no such thing as sponsoring a visiting visa. Visit visa cannot be sponsored by any one. For a visitor visa you can provide an invitation letter. An invitation letter is just as simple letter which can be an email, fax, letter and it has no legal binding nor it is considered as a legal document.( although many decorate invitations letter with notorize stamps) Invitation letter just help you justify your reason to visit canada and the cost of your living ( food and accommodation). An invitation can be given by anyone who lives in Canada temporary or permanently. ( even a person with a visitor status can invite anyone to join him for tourism purpose. Or to celebrate his birthday :) ). When you apply for a visit visa it is you who have to be in a good standing, stable and be able to afford your trip. The bank statement of the person whom you are visiting carries no weight. And you don't only have to show your trip expenses but also that you are stable enough in your life and having reasons to return to your country. Remember it is you who is the visa applicant not your friend whom you are visiting.
Hope it help you determine how much fund you need to show

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
vaidhu said:
Previously i was told that if my friend so not have enough funds to sponsor me for my Canada visit
Uh? Bad advice.

vaidhu said:
i should be able to show minimum funds available with me .
You should always show funds. You are the applicant.

vaidhu said:
Any idea of how much funds do me and my friend should have ?
Your friend has to show enough to take care of whatever he/she claims to be responsible of. You should show enough to take care of yourself regardless of what your friend shows.

dominik-bcpnp

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2015
Nomination.....
28-02-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2015/received by CPC on the 10th
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 26th of May 2015, DM on 24th of June 2015
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
Jalex23 said:
Wrong.

-First: only people that have established a permanent residence in Canada, are eligible to sponsor someone. That means someone living in Canada on a permanent base, with permanent status. Therefore a Citizen (if that citizen can proof that he actually resides in Canada) or a PR.

-second: an invitation letter has got nothing to to with a sponsorship.

Your friend can provide you with an invitation letter, but he has to provide proof of identity. And status in Canada. Otherwise the letter will count for nothing. If that proof makes it clear, that he only holds temporary resident status in Canada, his invitation letter won't effect the application at all.

kriv said:
There is no such thing as sponsoring a visiting visa. Visit visa cannot be sponsored by any one. For a visitor visa you can provide an invitation letter. An invitation letter is just as simple letter which can be an email, fax, letter and it has no legal binding nor it is considered as a legal document.( although many decorate invitations letter with notorize stamps) Invitation letter just help you justify your reason to visit canada and the cost of your living ( food and accommodation). An invitation can be given by anyone who lives in Canada temporary or permanently. ( even a person with a visitor status can invite anyone to join him for tourism purpose. Or to celebrate his birthday :) ). When you apply for a visit visa it is you who have to be in a good standing, stable and be able to afford your trip. The bank statement of the person whom you are visiting carries no weight. And you don't only have to show your trip expenses but also that you are stable enough in your life and having reasons to return to your country. Remember it is you who is the visa applicant not your friend whom you are visiting.
Hope it help you determine how much fund you need to show
Correct, apart for one thing. Invitation letters can count as sponsorship documents in certain scenarios. I am inviting my niece and have spoken to a CIC agent about it. She was extremely helpful and took more than 30 minutes, to explain to me how this all works.
If a relative is inviting a minor under 16, and the minor travels alone, the host is responsible for her. Therefore the invitation letter has to be made up as an affidavit. And it has to clearly say, that the host will provide the whole package. In that case, the letter would be looked at by an immigration agent as a"legal document"

May 27, 2018
hello

I want to visit Canada .i have enough financial but I don't have any relative or friends who sponsor me. Is it compulsory to have any friend or relative their? How can I apply and what things I have take care?

Tahani

Aug 14, 2018
Hi! We're planning to visit my brother who is a PR in Toronto but we didnt show his invitation letter. We have shown sufficient funds, ties to our country and return tickets. How likely are we to get approved? Thanks in advance