+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada visa rejected: Temporary resident

anhtu713

Aug 9, 2018
My visa got rejected because of a this :
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

for the document, It put a ticket departing Canada, I really don't understand this anymore, I bought my ticket to France where I live already, what else do I have to show this? I'm vietnamese but I'm studying in France at the moment.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Even fully paid round-trip tickets are not considered as guarantees to get approved for a TRV or that the applicant will leave Canada.

What you have to show are socio-economic ties outside of Canada. What sort of documents did you submit with your application? Did you submit any bank statements?

Unfortunately, TRV approvals are harder for students, especially for students who are in schools away from their home countries. To put it in a simple way, students do not generally have a substantial amount of income.

In my opinion, your chances of getting a TRV are very weak. You are better off asking for a refund for your plane ticket. If you show the refusal letter, you should be able to negotiate even for so-called non-refundable tickets, like banking airline points or rebooking to another destination.

Tori

Aug 10, 2018
My family's TRV was rejected today on the following grounds: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end if your stay as a temporary resident,as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR,based on the purpose of your visit. And was told we are welcome to reapply but now we don't know the document/s to include to satisfy this requirement as we wish to reapply because we are planning a family visit to Canada in September. We permanently live in south Africa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My family's TRV was rejected today on the following grounds: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end if your stay as a temporary resident,as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR,based on the purpose of your visit. And was told we are welcome to reapply but now we don't know the document/s to include to satisfy this requirement as we wish to reapply because we are planning a family visit to Canada in September. We permanently live in south Africa.
It's difficult to advise without any information.

1. What was the purpose of your visit? Duration of your visit?

2. Do you have a Canadian host? If yes, how are you related to your host?

3. What is your immigration status in SA?

4. Did you apply with your entire family? Or someone was going to stay behind?

5. What documents did you submit for each applicant?

6. What ties can each applicant prove to SA and/or to you home country? Employment/business/study + property ownership + financials + dependent family members + previous travel to other visa-required countries?

Tori

Aug 10, 2018
Thanks bryanna for your reply.
The purpose of the visit was to visa a family friend and duration was supposed to be 2 weeks.
2. Yes had a Canadian host that sent invitation letter and his copy of Canadian passport and utility bill. The host is my husband's childhood friend.

3. We all have permanent residency here

4. We all applied as a family, noone was staying behind.

5. We submitted company registration ,company bank statement (CAD12000),5 properties owned by us fully paid,car papers,utility bills,office rental invoice(as we are into business),accountant's letter stating our income,immigration status in SA(ID copy),kids birth certificate,personal bank statements.these are the ones I can remember for now.

6. We were in the UK in 2014 and went 2 times last year as well.My husband has been in to 3 European countries in the past 10years. We hold Nigerian passports.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks bryanna for your reply.
The purpose of the visit was to visa a family friend and duration was supposed to be 2 weeks.
2. Yes had a Canadian host that sent invitation letter and his copy of Canadian passport and utility bill. The host is my husband's childhood friend.

3. We all have permanent residency here

4. We all applied as a family, noone was staying behind.

5. We submitted company registration ,company bank statement (CAD12000),5 properties owned by us fully paid,car papers,utility bills,office rental invoice(as we are into business),accountant's letter stating our income,immigration status in SA(ID copy),kids birth certificate,personal bank statements.these are the ones I can remember for now.

6. We were in the UK in 2014 and went 2 times last year as well.My husband has been in to 3 European countries in the past 10years. We hold Nigerian passports.
I guess you had posted these queries a couple of months ago with a different name. Anyways

IMO, you've been refused because of the passports you hold. There has been a surge in the number of asylum claimants from Nigeria recently. Quite honestly you do not have a strong purpose of visit + applying with your entire family would make it seem like you are potential asylum claimants

Tori

Aug 10, 2018
Thanks but this is my 1st time posting here. So is it advisable one of us stays behind since we usually go together on holiday? Because I'm not sure how else to convince that we are all coming back because we run profitable business here and also own properties here we earn rentals from. Or we rather just forget about visiting Canada and look elsewhere for vacation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks but this is my 1st time posting here. So is it advisable one of us stays behind since we usually go together on holiday? Because I'm not sure how else to convince that we are all coming back because we run profitable business here and also own properties here we earn rentals from. Or we rather just forget about visiting Canada and look elsewhere for vacation.
An invitation from a friend isn't a compelling reason to visit. Not sure if your UK visas were granted because you have relatives/family in the UK. Basically, even if you and your family intend to holiday in Canada, you don't have a previous history of travel/similar holidays in other countries.

Proving that a business is successful (and an incentive to return home) requires a lot of paperwork. Also, your current business bank balance is CAD 12,000 which doesn't really indicate a successful, lucrative business.

Also, properties that are rented out don't necessitate your immediate return to SA unless the rent agreements need to be renewed shortly.

You didn't mention the ages of your children or what they do

Tori

Aug 10, 2018
My children are 14,12 and 3 and they are all schooling. Please how else can we prove that we will be returning to SA?

We had visited Norway previously before the last two were born when a friend also invited us.