+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada-US border

Tycanam

Oct 27, 2020
Hello everyone!
I am not sure if this is the correct section to post this in, but since I am a PR I’m Canada from the US. I will post it here.

I am sure there is thousands of people in my situation who really miss their parents on the other side of the Canada/US border. The exemptions really didn’t help me or my family out at all as we are financially unable to quarantine and my parents have my siblings in the US that they still need to be there for.

I know that no one knows for sure, but, when is your best guess about the border opening and the mandatory quarantine period being lifted? When a vaccine becomes available? When they start rapid testing at the border?

I just really miss my family andI’m sure thousands of others are in the same situation. I just really hope this is over sooner than later!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone!
I am not sure if this is the correct section to post this in, but since I am a PR I’m Canada from the US. I will post it here.

I am sure there is thousands of people in my situation who really miss their parents on the other side of the Canada/US border. The exemptions really didn’t help me or my family out at all as we are financially unable to quarantine and my parents have my siblings in the US that they still need to be there for.

I know that no one knows for sure, but, when is your best guess about the border opening and the mandatory quarantine period being lifted? When a vaccine becomes available? When they start rapid testing at the border?

I just really miss my family andI’m sure thousands of others are in the same situation. I just really hope this is over sooner than later!
The U.S. needs to get their numbers under control (Canada's aren't headed in the right direction either). Until that happens, I don't see the quarantine lifting. Certainly won't be lifted this year.

IMO vaccines won't be broadly available until spring next year at the earliest.

Rapid tests aren't 100%. So I don't see rapid testing replacing quarantine protocols anytime soon.

Just my opinion. Crappy times...

Tycanam

Oct 27, 2020
The U.S. needs to get their numbers under control (Canada's aren't headed in the right direction either). Until that happens, I don't see the quarantine lifting. Certainly won't be lifted this year.

IMO vaccines won't be broadly available until spring next year at the earliest.

Rapid tests aren't 100%. So I don't see rapid testing replacing quarantine protocols anytime soon.

Just my opinion. Crappy times...
That it is. Very very unfortunate times for sure. I am really hoping 2021 allows everyone to be with their families again. Do you think the Canada/us border will ever open up again the way it was?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That it is. Very very unfortunate times for sure. I am really hoping 2021 allows everyone to be with their families again. Do you think the Canada/us border will ever open up again the way it was?
Yes, I think it will definitely open up again like it was before. But who knows when. My bet would be on 2022 vs. 2021. I think there will still be lots of restrictions in place for at least part of 2021 (maybe all of it). It's all for the right reasons but this doesn't stop it from sucking.

Reactions: Tycanam

Tycanam

Oct 27, 2020
Yes, I think it will definitely open up again like it was before. But who knows when. My bet would be on 2022 vs. 2021. I think there will still be lots of restrictions in place for at least part of 2021 (maybe all of it). It's all for the right reasons but this doesn't stop it from sucking.
It’s definitely for the right reasons.....I am glad I am not in the US currently.

It would be nice if these pilot projects work out though :

https://ipolitics.ca/2020/10/22/evening-brief-goodbye-quarantine-hello-rapid-testing-at-calgary-airport/

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
But how much will this test cost given many airports around the world are pushing so called rapid tests but not exactly making them attractive cost wise to a traveller. I guess anything will be better than 14 days quarantine especially if needs funding in paid for accommodation but airports need to have a test that is not only efficient but also cost effective for a passenger.

Different continent but note this approach by Marseille airport, free tests thats the way to get people travelling again although somebody always pays in the end whether in taxes or ticket costs.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Marseille-airport-offering-free-rapid-antigen-coronavirus-test

Unfortunately even when a viable vaccine comes through we still need an example set from the top, something that often seems to be lacking whichever country we all live in as the politics always seems to get in the way.

Tycanam

Oct 27, 2020
Well hopefully a Biden presidency can get the USA improving Covid numbers and on the same page as Canada! Praying!

Nadina Virk

Nov 8, 2020
Hi, i don’t know if this is the right category but i need to know if anyone has gotten a approval to come to canada from USA from IRCC. my fiancé needs to come see me because i am sick but it’s been over 3 weeks and we haven’t heard anything.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, i don’t know if this is the right category but i need to know if anyone has gotten a approval to come to canada from USA from IRCC. my fiancé needs to come see me because i am sick but it’s been over 3 weeks and we haven’t heard anything.
Yes, we are seeing people get approvals (and also refusals). It can take a while to hear back.

Is your fiance is a U.S. passport holder or a green card holder?

Nadina Virk

Nov 8, 2020
Yes, we are seeing people get approvals (and also refusals). It can take a while to hear back.

Is your fiance is a U.S. passport holder or a green card holder?
how long does it usually take for a reply back? it’s been over 3 weeks