IELTS
6.5 overall
L-7.5
R-5
W-6
S-7

University of Winnipeg
Computer science degree

Given your academic performance,your language ability in specific bands and proposed course of study.

Kindly guide.

Ashford94

Oct 26, 2017
12th-64.6%(2017)CBSE
Physics-52
Chemistry-52
Maths-61
English-78
Physical Education-80

10th 6.4 CGPA(2014)CBSE

IELTS
6.5 overall
L-7.5
R-5
W-6
S-7

University of Winnipeg
Computer science degree

Given your academic performance,your language ability in specific bands and proposed course of study.

Kindly guide.

Your academics and IELTS score is very poor for university level and given the fact you're going for Computer science, your science grades are rather low as compared to the other subjects. That has been well established. Now what you can do is probably apply to a college instead of a university for your undergrad, work on your grades and then you can always go to Uni for your Masters.

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
Your academics and IELTS score are very poor for university level and given the fact you're going for Computer science, your science grades are rather low as compared to the other subjects. That has been well established. Now what you can do is probably apply to a college instead of a university for your undergrad, work on your grades and then you can always go to Uni for your Masters.
I am eligible to apply for university there are many people in my known who got visa at this profile, what I feel it refused due to low English proficiency, university required only maths as pre-requisite high school subject for BSc and 55% in that pre -requisite

Preet Singh33001

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
12th-64.6%(2017)CBSE
Physics-52
Chemistry-52
Maths-61
English-78
Physical Education-80

10th 6.4 CGPA(2014)CBSE

IELTS
6.5 overall
L-7.5
R-5
W-6
S-7

University of Winnipeg
Computer science degree

Kindly guide.
May be your 5 bands of reading are main reason for your refusal

Ashford94

Oct 26, 2017
I am eligible to apply for university there are many people in my known who got visa at this profile, what I feel it refused due to low English proficiency, university required only maths as pre-requisite high school subject for BSc and 55% in that pre -requisite
Your eligibility to apply to a University does not guarantee that the visa officer is convinced that your sole purpose to go to Canada is for studies. You are meeting your bare minimum requirement by roughly 6% and the irregularity given that you scored 78% in English but your IELTS says otherwise is a cause of concern for a University Category Visa. SPP category will give you a much higher leverage.

Reactions: Buletruck

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
Your eligibility to apply to a University does not guarantee that the visa officer is convinced that your sole purpose to go to Canada is for studies. You are meeting your bare minimum requirement by roughly 6% and the irregularity given that you scored 78% in English but your IELTS says otherwise is a cause of concern for a University Category Visa. SPP category will give you a much higher leverage.

You may be right ,i ll try to improve my ielts , do u suggest to re-apply after ielts in same university? I am dealing with canam consultants new delhi .They told that there was a risk which we already told u before applying and they told me that they will re apply after improving ielts and explaining purpose of visit and proposed course in SOP then visa chances will be high.I too have offer for ICM UTP Stage II science pathway to UOfM ? Kindly suggest me ?.as may intake for SPP is almost full in toronto and Vancouver, already i am 2 yrs late pls guide

Ashford94

Oct 26, 2017
You may be right ,i ll try to improve my ielts , do u suggest to re-apply after ielts in same university? I am dealing with canam consultants new delhi .They told that there was a risk which we already told u before applying and they told me that they will re apply after improving ielts and explaining purpose of visit and proposed course in SOP then visa chances will be high.I too have offer for ICM UTP Stage II science pathway to UOfM ? Kindly suggest me ?.as may intake for SPP is almost full in toronto and Vancouver, already i am 2 yrs late pls guide
Okay you really need to READ the Rejection reasons carefully :
"Given your academic performance,your language ability in specific bands and proposed course of study."
1. Given your academic performance :
Whether your University looks at you meeting a certain percentage of marks in math etc the Visa officer is basically going to see it as "Computer Science". Some may have the patience and understanding to realize that math counts but another would look at it as a whole and be like Science - Poor, Math - Just above Average and English - Lacking skills - REJECT. I'm not trying to demotivate you but this is the hard truth. No one is going to god father you.

2. Your language ability : Please do retake the IELTS and give your very best. Do not go with the impression that you need to score the "BARE MINIMUM". Go with a clear mind, its really not that tough. Try and score a good 7 - 8 band. you will feel confident too about it.

3. Proposed Course of Study : This again is in Co relation to Point 1. You will have to write a genuine yet convincing SOP where you state the absolute truth as to why you do you want to take this course up and also justify your grades. Do not belittle yourself but be humble. Try and show that you are willing to give your best with this opportunity to pave way for a brighter future and change your academic performance. Also that you wish to take back to your home country what you will learn in this great Canadian University.

Do not change your University just because of this rejection, never compromise on your education just because you want to get into the country. The visa officer will immediately doubt your credibility because it will reflect that you were accepted yet you changed your University and reapplied.

I do not understand, you said you are two years late? But you have graduated this year!
P.S : You have to revise your SOP and include all three points of the Rejection Mail,

Best of luck !! :) Feel free to clarify any doubts.

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
You may be right ,i ll try to improve my ielts , do u suggest to re-apply after ielts in same university? I am dealing with canam consultants new delhi .They told that there was a risk which we already told u before applying and they told neme that they will re apply after improving ielts and explaining purpose of visit and proposed course in SOP then visa chances will be high.I too have offer for ICM UTP Stage II science pathway to UOfM ? Kindly suggest me ?.as may intake for SPP is almost full in toronto and Vancouver, already i am 2 yrs late pls guide
Okay you really need to READ the Rejection reasons carefully :
"Given your academic performance,your language ability in specific bands and proposed course of study."
1. Given your academic performance :
Whether your University looks at you meeting a certain percentage of marks in math etc the Visa officer is basically going to see it as "Computer Science". Some may have the patience and understanding to realize that math counts but another would look at it as a whole and be like Science - Poor, Math - Just above Average and English - Lacking skills - REJECT. I'm not trying to demotivate you but this is the hard truth. No one is going to god father you.

2. Your language ability : Please do retake the IELTS and give your very best. Do not go with the impression that you need to score the "BARE MINIMUM". Go with a clear mind, its really not that tough. Try and score a good 7 - 8 band. you will feel confident too about it.

3. Proposed Course of Study : This again is in Co relation to Point 1. You will have to write a genuine yet convincing SOP where you state the absolute truth as to why you do you want to take this course up and also justify your grades. Do not belittle yourself but be humble. Try and show that you are willing to give your best with this opportunity to pave way for a brighter future and change your academic performance. Also that you wish to take back to your home country what you will learn in this great Canadian University.

Do not change your University just because of this rejection, never compromise on your education just because you want to get into the country. The visa officer will immediately doubt your credibility because it will reflect that you were accepted yet you changed your University and reapplied.

I do not understand, you said you are two years late? But you have graduated this year!
P.S : You have to revise your SOP and include all three points of the Rejection Mail,

Best of luck !! :) Feel free to clarify any doubts.

Thankyou So Much.
Contact number please?