+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada/Ukraine 3 year temporary visa scheme

Crelliphit

Jun 10, 2023
Is there an official body or department which will give accurate, up to date information about the CUET scheme? I know the application date has passed My questions are about the welcome package.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there an official body or department which will give accurate, up to date information about the CUET scheme? I know the application date has passed My questions are about the welcome package.
What is your question. Information is pretty straightforward and posted online. The Ukrainian community diaspora are the ones really providing most of the support not the government.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The Ukrainian community diaspora are the ones really providing most of the support not the government.
That's not really accurate.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's not really accurate.
The diaspora is providing the majority of housing after 2 weeks in a hotel although many go straight to a host family. They have booths at many airports to welcome people, have set up social media to try and match people to housing before coming to Canada, have set-up employers offering jobs before coming to Canada or after, etc. One of the reasons that Ukranians are are not ending up homeless to same extent as many other groups of people. Contacting the Ukrainians groups that have been set up to welcome people will give you an overview of what can be expected from the government and from the Ukrainian community. There a certainly government services but most of the are overwhelmed so can only provide so many services. Many of the services also have wait lists or cater to those who may not speak English or did not have good professional jobs in their home country. The Ukrainian organizations who are helping people coming to Canada on CUAET are probably a better resource than the government for information and likely easier to contact. In terms of funds that can be expected from the Canadian government like the 3k per adult that can be found online.

Crelliphit

Jun 10, 2023
Okay, so I have already had two totally different responses to two different posts Ive made. Please don't misunderstand me, I really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to write. Your comments are helpful. My questions are generally details which I have not been able to source online.. Those which I have found tend to be contradictory. In the UK there is specific department which deals with Ukrainian immigration. Having said that, I telephoned on three different occasions and was given three totally different answers to exactly the same question! Local areas in the country have groups which deal with immigration questions. This s fine, but it does not help my friends s they re moving to Canada not the UK. Perhaps someone might be able to give me a contact email for one of these groups or suggest somewhere specific? I really need some definitive answers to relatively minor details.