+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada TRV tourism rejected, Why ?

sanjaysingh

Jan 11, 2013
Canada tourist visa rejection -

Being an Indian passport holder is a huge problem and if trying for a country like Canada then ? I work in Oman, understand no French or no Punjabi but only English.

I applied for TRV (tourism) and they refused me TRV. I applied for single entry to stay for 4 weeks.

I sumbitted -
All applicable application forms,
Employment letter,
Salary slips of last 6 months,
Bank statement of last 6 months showing CAD 70000 as available funds,
Travel history showing extensive travels in last 4 years, been to all continents except north America,
passport in original,
Return flight tkt,
Travel insurance,
Hotel accommodation at 7 places covering all 28 days,

They gave me 3 reasons and my criteria is in bracket.
1. Your travel history (I have been to more than 30 countries, been to Argentina, Holland, Germany, Australia, Russia, Switzerland, Italy amongst them. Never violated any immigration rule.

2. Purpose of visit (Tourism) what else ?

3. Limited employment prospects in country of residence (I work for an Oil company - permanent direct hire for last 5 yrs, working in middle east since 2001).

So what was wrong with my application ? I really want to know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for GCMS notes ..

Apply GCMS notes under the Access to Information Act in Canada. You will find VO's details explanation of refusal on that notes. It would cost you only $5.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.asp

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Apply again, just bad luck

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. Did you have a leave of absence from work stating the date you were expected to resume work?
2. Did you include an itinerary of places you will visit in Canada?
3. Did you explain what about Canada made you want to visit? "Tourism" in itself is vague - be specific.
4. Did you include evidence of a hotel reservation?
3. The countries you've visited - was it work related or pleasure(tourism)?

sanjaysingh

Jan 11, 2013
thank you

i applied in muscat personally, even in my dreams i did not expect rejection, i think my annual income of CAD 40000 was not enough, just to apply i spent more than us $ 500 for lodging, very strange dept

any new application shall be done next year, no time window before that

i will check links sent by you.

sanjay

sanjaysingh

Jan 11, 2013
yes, my company issued me employment letter stating purpose of visit as tourism but my company never mentions any period since dates may change,

i had given itinerary from muscat to muscat,

i selected the only option applicable for me, ie tourism.

i had hotel (some were luxury) for all days,

i have been to 30+ countries as a tourist only,

i am shocked now

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The itinerary should be for places you will visit in Canada e.g. museums, tours, sight-seeing, etc. I believe the TRV form has enough space where you can explain your reasons for wanting to visit Canada. You have to be specific - are you visiting family, friends?

Your employment letter is meant to confirm that you are currently employed, date of hire, salary, benefits, etc. It should also say whether they have granted you "leave of absence" or vacation and for how long e.g. 4 weeks, 2 months and the date you are expected back. The dates may change, but that's besides the point.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Sanjay, the only other thing ( which they never write in refusals ) might be your age and/or marital status
Don't give up, apply again and perhaps write freely that your intention is to visit only and mention your visits and plans
Every officer sees it in a different perspective ( this is like an umpire giving a bad LBW decision - :D if you know what I mean )

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
The main issue is you are a foreign citizen in Oman, no permanent right to live in Oman, in most cases they refuse that. Also many nationals from your country enter and violate the terms of their visa.

Officers do take a prior visa refusal into account, they trust the judgement of fellow officers.

You submitted lots of documents, if you apply again most likely they will refuse again.

At the end of the day no country is required to grant any foreign citizen an entry visa.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
AAL1984 said:
The main issue is you are a foreign citizen in Oman, no permanent right to live in Oman, in most cases they refuse that. Also many nationals from your country enter and violate the terms of their visa.

Officers do take a prior visa refusal into account, they trust the judgement of fellow officers.

You submitted lots of documents, if you apply again most likely they will refuse again.

At the end of the day no country is required to grant any foreign citizen an entry visa.
There are millions who live in Oman, Dubai on work or as permanent residents - that's certainly not the cause/reason for refusals as they can't be going back to home coutnry for application
How many people from middle east live here illegally? if you are talking about India then considering he population, the ratio is very small

A new officer will obviously review the refusal before but it could be that he could see the reason contradicts facts

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAL1984 said:
There was an Indonesian poster in this forum who went to apply for Canadian visa in Shanghai, China and was approved.

navkaur

Jul 9, 2011
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-04-2017
Med's Request
Pre-medical
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2017
hi.
being an indian of 24 years, I have been living out...since 15years and I have 10 years multiple visa of Canada. ..been to just 4 countries as travel history. so there is no any kind of discrimination. do not send excess documents butenough to justify your means.
did u attach your tax papers applied to ur salary...?
are u single or married?

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
good 4 country have you visit and geted 10 years multipal where are you working in india or some other country what doc you attached with the applcaition please can you inform us we can learn from you,,
thanks,
regards,