+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Travel/Visitor Visa

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

I have Canada PR and moved to India two months back for my marriage. Me and my husband wants to move to Canada however he doesn't have Canada PR. We want to move together and file PR application from Canada. We are thinking to file for Canada visitor visa for him so that we can move together to Canada. Can anyone please help understand if he can file for visitor visa from India, without me providing letter of invitation as I am also currently in India? or can I submit a letter of invitation for him while applying from India?

Please let me know the other requirements for Canada travel/visitor visa.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have Canada PR and moved to India two months back for my marriage. Me and my husband wants to move to Canada however he doesn't have Canada PR. We want to move together and file PR application from Canada. We are thinking to file for Canada visitor visa for him so that we can move together to Canada. Can anyone please help understand if he can file for visitor visa from India, without me providing letter of invitation as I am also currently in India? or can I submit a letter of invitation for him while applying from India?

Thank you.
Yes, he can apply for a TRV while you are in India. He will want to demonstrate strong ties to his home country in the application (e.g. property, assets, job).

It can be quite difficult to get a TRV approved in this situation since IRCC will likely guess your husband isn't really coming to Canada as a tourist but has plans on remaining long term.

If the TRV is approved, you can do as you've planned. If it's refused, you will have to return to Canada without him and apply to sponsor him for PR through the outland process.

Reactions: bk2018

garima1009

Jun 11, 2017
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi
I also applied visitor for my husband. I am PR and my husband is not. My plan was also the same but i got the job here and i have to travel alone. Also in TRV application, the applicant has to mention a Canadian address which you have to show. If both of you are not in Canada , how will you give that. The another obstacle is you cant give biometrics after you submit your TRV application. My husband has given biometrics in Nepal. You can give it either in nepal or dubai.
I am still waiting I hope we get success and he can visit me asap.
I hope this helps

Reactions: bk2018

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

Please let me know the link to download/apply for spouse visitor visa (outland) and the other requirements for Canada travel/visitor visa? From where can I get set of documents to apply for Spouse visitor visa from India?

Thank you.