+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Travel Restrictions- June 30( Temporary Work Visas)

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Anyone knows if travel restrictions will be lifted on June 30? So that IRCC can resume regular processing of Temporary Work Visas.. I haven't seen any update on lifting/extension travel restriction from June 30.. Anyone has seen an update on this?

I applied for GTS Category A on April 29th, still awaiting..
I have received a message from IRCC saying that " your application will be processed as soon as regular processing resumes".. So desperately waiting for travel restrictions to be lifted and resumption of regular visa processing.
Thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Nobody knows athough seems doubtful that all restrictions will be removed given COVID is still here. You only have to look at what is happening south of the border to see that things are no where near normal and things can easily get out of control again.

Latest status in Canada gives litte hint anything may change in the near future

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html?utm_campaign=not-applicable&utm_medium=vanity-url&utm_source=canada-ca_coronavirus

As with other employers IRCC has been affected by availability of staff which has affected regular processing times. Just have to wait see what if anything announced this week and be patient like everyone else and even if anything is announced it will still not be an overnight change but more of a phased approach. Given the backlog that has probably built up over last 3/4 months processing times are likely to still take some time to recover anyway.

Last edited:

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Anyone knows if travel restrictions will be lifted on June 30? So that IRCC can resume regular processing of Temporary Work Visas.. I haven't seen any update on lifting/extension travel restriction from June 30.. Anyone has seen an update on this?

I applied for GTS Category A on April 29th, still awaiting..
I have received a message from IRCC saying that " your application will be processed as soon as regular processing resumes".. So desperately waiting for travel restrictions to be lifted and resumption of regular visa processing.
Thanks.
When did you submit and whats your timeline? Do you expect your application will be process under 2 weeks premium processing ( of course will be much longer duebto pandemic) but not as long as the normal processing times.)

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I submitted my gts application on april 29th,2020 along with upfront medical examination, positive lmia, upfront biometrics, and police certificates. my job offer is Research Scientist, and submitted Global talent stream category A.

in my account it says , it is processing and final decision in progress. It doesn't say "passed" for upfront medical examination I provided. instead, it says you dont need medical examination..

applied online from singapore.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Any update on the processing resuming after 30 June?

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
then they should start processing GTS.. I am okay to wait until travel ban is lifted as long as my visa is approved.. Hopefully we all hear good news very soon..

Reactions: Hari G