+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada to Take in 20,000 Afghan Refugees

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Hi all

I am creating this thread to gather and share information about the new announcement for Afghan refugees
which is announced by IRCC on Aug. 13,2021

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hi all

I am creating this thread to gather and share information about the new announcement for Afghan refugees
which is announced by IRCC on Aug. 13,2021
great stuff Khan!
I pray for all the people that appeared in that terrifying situation in Afghanistan. I really hope many of them will find their safe heaven in Canada.
Guys, for donation and help contact afghaniresettlement@ccislive.ca

Reactions: Aesopzai

splendid2019

Jul 2, 2019
My parents and a single sister are currently stuck and sister is in hiding in Kabul. The IRCC website is not very clear about ways to apply from inside Afghanistan. Can you help me pls? Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My parents and a single sister are currently stuck and sister is in hiding in Kabul. The IRCC website is not very clear about ways to apply from inside Afghanistan. Can you help me pls? Thank you
Based on what I have read, there is no way for them to apply to be included in the 20,000 at this time.

My understanding is that there was temporarily an online form or something similar that was open for people who qualified to be included in the 20,000 which was largely limited to translators who had worked with Canadian armed forces (or support them directly in other capacities) and embassy staff, we well as their families. My understanding is that Canada received a huge number of submissions and has now shut down the online submissions. They are now working through the submissions they received and trying to see who they can get out of the country.

I will try to find the articles I read about this. Will respond back here once I do.

Maybe this will change at some point and they'll reopen the process and expand the criteria to apply. However for now, I think they need to find other ways to get out of Afghanistan and potentially move to Canada.

I am terribly sorry for your family. This must be very stressful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I haven't found the article yet.

But take a look at this. This is new and I didn't see it on the IRCC site a few days ago. This looks like the application process.

Applicants need to meet these requirements to qualify:

you’re an Afghan national and your employment involved a significant and/or enduring relationship with the Government of Canada, which could be, but is not limited to
  • interpreters who worked with the Canadian Armed Forces
  • local staff who currently or used to work at the Embassy of Canada to Afghanistan
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/afghanistan/how.html

Murtazabadri

Aug 19, 2021
If any afghan be in danger he worked in social media what he must do?
Can you help them?
Is there anyway they take asylum refuge of Canada or some safe country?
Lot's of jurnalism workers and government workers escaping to neighbors country but unfortunately they deport them back ... What can you do for them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If any afghan be in danger he worked in social media what he must do?
Can you help them?
Is there anyway they take asylum refuge of Canada or some safe country?
Lot's of jurnalism workers and government workers escaping to neighbors country but unfortunately they deport them back ... What can you do for them?
This is not a Canadian government website. All we can do is provide information.

The Canadian government has promised to accept 20,000 individuals who meet this criteria:

you’re an Afghan national and your employment involved a significant and/or enduring relationship with the Government of Canada, which could be, but is not limited to
  • interpreters who worked with the Canadian Armed Forces
  • local staff who currently or used to work at the Embassy of Canada to Afghanistan
I don't believe journalists fall under this program but you can certainly try submitting a request and see what happens. More details about this program and how to submit a request are provided here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/afghanistan/how.html

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Please send an email to email address below and explain your situation also make an explanation letter and be specific on why they are at risk once you send email you will receive and automatic reply will ask you for some information please answer all the 6 question and one of the question will be on where you worked with Canadian government and all you should write that you are Canadian citizen/PR and your parents life is at risk mention the reason

on the explanation letter please add the following information also attach your documents copy to the email as well as your birth certificate if you have to proof that they are your parents please attached proof of your status in Canada on the email too- once you completed these you can send the email your file will go in process as there is huge amount of applications they will review and if they find that they are eligible they will send you an email.

1. Full Name:
2. Address:
3. Tazkira No:
5. Passport No:
6. Reason why your life is at risk

Email: Canada-Afghanistan@international.gc.ca