+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Temporary Visitor Visa

smart237@

Jul 30, 2019
Recently i have applied for a temporary residence visa to canada for myself and my family. We provided all necessary documents like,

1. My education details, 2 years ITR, Previous experience Certificate, Current Employer offer letter, Proof of investment, my parents investment
2. My wife education details, bank statement etc.
3. other family details.
4. My Daughter & Son Birth certificate.

But our visa was refused stating
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of your visit.
I would like to know where I went wrong with providing my details.Can you help me with this. Now, when i should reapply?

Thank You.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
What really matters to a visa officer are 3 things :
Is your purpose valid in going to Canada?
Do you have the money to finance your purpose of going to Canada?
Do you have a reason to go back home and not stay in Canada.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
It is a requirement that you should convince a visa officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country. Failure in one of these can be a reason for rejection.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
Have you and your family travelled to other countries? You cannot say that your purpose of travel is Tourism if you never stepped out of your home country. There are cases they grant visas even with no travel history. Only if the applicants purpose is valid and ties are strong.
[*]I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
The visa officer sees to it that the applicants have enough money/funds for their stay and stated purpose in going to Canada. They assess your assets (properties, money on bank, etc) and your financial capability to travel. You cannot declare your parent's investment to back you up as this is not yours. Lack of financial means can be a reason for rejection.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of your visit.
What is the purpose of your travel? You cannot say Tourism if your never stepped out of your home country. You don't need to declare your education details and previous certificates if your purpose is to have a vacation.

If you plan to re-apply, make sure you addressed the grounds why you were rejected the 1st time.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
is it necessary to have travel history before apply for canada temporary residence visa.
It is recommended that you have traveled to other countries that require Visa's such as Australia, Europe, USA, and that you have shown that you have followed the rules that go along with those. Ex, not over staying, not working without authorization
If the purpose of your travel is Tourism, and you have NO travel history, it does not make sense that the whole family is suddenly interested in coming to Canada, and the associated expenses
You only reapply if you can strengthen your original application. Reapplying without strengthening your application will only result in two things; Paying another processing fee, and getting another refusal

smart237@

Jul 30, 2019
To prove that i will leave canada at the end of my stay, is it enough to provide the NOC from my company. as i am working in Private sector.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
To prove that i will leave canada at the end of my stay, is it enough to provide the NOC from my company. as i am working in Private sector.
No, it is not enough. Only Indians value the importance of this document. What I'm trying to say is other Nationalities does not have this. We don't have NOC so when I applied for a TRV, I only gave a simple employment letter with the following details : Name, Position, Date Joined the Company, Salary and Approved Days of Leave.

smart237@

Jul 30, 2019
If suppose i will produce the employment letter with following details : Name, Position, Date Joined the Company, Salary and Approved Days of Leave. is it ok for officer to evaluate my eligibility. or any other evidence is required to qualify for the visitor visa. Also is it required invitation letter or sponsor letter along with this documents.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
If suppose i will produce the employment letter with following details : Name, Position, Date Joined the Company, Salary and Approved Days of Leave. is it ok for officer to evaluate my eligibility or any other evidence is required to qualify for the visitor visa..
Whether you submit the NOC or the format I mentioned it doesn't matter. The visa officer weighs the content of the supporting documents you submit.
Example :
If the the salary is low, your visa might be rejected as the visa officer might assume that you plan to get work in Canada as there are better opportunities there.

I already mentioned that the visa officer checks primarily 3 things :
Your purpose in going to Canada, is it valid?
Do you have the money to finance your purpose in going to Canada?
Do you have a reason to go back home and not stay in Canada?
If you pass this check, most likely they will issue you a visa.

Also is it required invitation letter or sponsor letter along with this documents.
This is not required. Letter of Invitation is only needed if you declared that you will visit a family or a friend.

smart237@

Jul 30, 2019
You said that If the the salary is low, your visa might be rejected as the visa officer might assume that you plan to get work in Canada as there are better opportunities there. For these how can i give assurance to them that i will leave canada at the end of my visit. Also, i have discussed with my consultant, they are saying that they have refused my application due to High volume (means if their quota is full then they will refused the application stating that other reason) is it correct?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
You said that If the the salary is low, your visa might be rejected as the visa officer might assume that you plan to get work in Canada as there are better opportunities there. For these how can i give assurance to them that i will leave Canada at the end of my visit.
The employment letter can be your proof. Again, the visa officer can base their decision on your ties ( job, money on bank, assets). Even if you have no intent to overstay, the visa officers think otherwise as there are a lot of Tourists who overstayed in Canada. Scrutinizing one's application is their only way to prevent this.

Also, i have discussed with my consultant, they are saying that they have refused my application due to High volume (means if their quota is full then they will refused the application stating that other reason) is it correct?
I have no idea on this.

smart237@

Jul 30, 2019
Both (means my parents) need to give consent that i am traveling with my family. that i will come back to india.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Both (means my parents) need to give consent that i am traveling with my family. that i will come back to india.
Aren't you an adult? Why would your parents' consent be required?

Reactions: bongoman