+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Study Sponsorship (Study Visa Application)

nkuzibe

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Hello Great House!!!
I have just been admitted into a Post graduate program in a Canadian University, I have paid my first semester's fee.
I have two sponsors which are my elder brother who lives in Canada (a citizen of Canada)
and my employer who has approved a refundable 30% of the total tuition fee.

I am supposed to submit my application tomorrow but just had a call this morning that
my brother's sponsorship will make the visa office deny me visa because they will feel that
I may not come back after my studies.
What do you advice? Your candid advice will mean so much here.

Thanks for your usual guide...
Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Nke

Ekadjei

Mar 8, 2016
Hi, I wouldn't advice you to state that you even have a brother over there since that might tell them you aren't coming back to your country .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ekadjei said:
Hi, I wouldn't advice you to state that you even have a brother over there since that might tell them you aren't coming back to your country .
Horrible advice.

This is misrepresentation since the application specifically asks if you have family in Canada. If this lie is caught during the study permit application you'll end up with a 5 year misrerpesentation ban. If it's not caught during the study permit process - it will be caught later if you ever apply for PR.

Don't lie in immigration applications. It has a nasty way of catching up with you later and creating big problems in your life.

Again, absolutely horrible advice.