+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Study Permit without IELTS

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hello people,

I'm an Indian student currently in process to apply for Winter 2021 semester. While I am eager and well prepared for the IELTS exam, unfortunately, there has been a couple of instances the exam has been re-scheduled due to COVID-19. And now I have started thinking about the idea of applying for study permit without IELTS.

So I have an unconditional offer from a Canadian university for a full time masters program, and also a separate letter stating that - I have fulfilled the programs language proficiency requirement considering my undergraduate degree was instructed in English. And that I am no longer required to show further proof of language proficiency to them.

I have stumbled upon multiple users (some Indians as well) who have been able to get Study Permit without IELTS, based on such exemption letter + unconditional offer from their prospective university.

I was highly appreciate if you could assist me with your valuable experience and comments.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Please go ahead and apply and give a proper justification in your letter of explanation with all the supporting documents. Apply in non SDS as they do not have a language requirement. IRCC already made it clear that folks won't get rejected because of language requirement.

paul98

Oct 17, 2020
Hello Simi
Please go ahead and apply and give a proper justification in your letter of explanation with all the supporting documents. Apply in non SDS as they do not have a language requirement. IRCC already made it clear that folks won't get rejected because of language requirement.
Hello Simmidas,
I received my offer letter from St. Clair College by meeting their IELTS score requirement ie overall 6 no band less than 5.5. I scored S:6.5 L:6.5 R:5.5 W.5.5
Will get any rejection if I apply via non-sds with this IELTS score?

Navneet9100

Aug 18, 2020
Hello Simi

Hello Simmidas,
I received my offer letter from St. Clair College by meeting their IELTS score requirement ie overall 6 no band less than 5.5. I scored S:6.5 L:6.5 R:5.5 W.5.5
Will get any rejection if I apply via non-sds with this IELTS score?

I suggest you to increase your ielts band score to 6 each then apply for your study permit. Because last time I also got refusal on the same band score.Requirement of my college was same as yours overall 6 not less than 5.5 .But I got refusal

Reactions: paul98

paul98

Oct 17, 2020
I suggest you to increase your ielts band score to 6 each then apply for your study permit. Because last time I also got refusal on the same band score.Requirement of my college was same as yours overall 6 not less than 5.5 .But I got refusal
Hi Navneet, Thanks for your response!
Do you have the VO's refusal notes? and did you reappear for IELTS exam?
Since I meet the college English requirements I was thinking I'll apply under NON-SDS and get a letter from St. Clair College that I meet the language requirement will this not convenience the VO?

Navneet9100

Aug 18, 2020
Hi Navneet, Thanks for your response!
Do you have the VO's refusal notes? and did you reappear for IELTS exam?
Since I meet the college English requirements I was thinking I'll apply under NON-SDS and get a letter from St. Clair College that I meet the language requirement will this not convenience the VO?
Yep! I reappeared for ielts and now I got 6.5 overall not less than 6,And In my previous refusal letter they said two reasons first one was,*That I am not satisfied thay you will leave canada after your studies. And second was*I am not satisfied that you are a bonafide student who will be successful in your program of your study due to low language score.
so it is up to you if you want to try your luck then go with this band score, otherwise I again suggest you to increase your score to cover your loopholes.

paul98

Oct 17, 2020
Yep! I reappeared for ielts and now I got 6.5 overall not less than 6,And In my previous refusal letter they said two reasons first one was,*That I am not satisfied thay you will leave canada after your studies. And second was*I am not satisfied that you are a bonafide student who will be successful in your program of your study due to low language score.
so it is up to you if you want to try your luck then go with this band score, otherwise I again suggest you to increase your score to cover your loopholes.
Thank you Navneet, I will consider your suggestion to re-appear for another exam.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Honestly almost all colleges in India have their courses in English So I don't think you can use that justification with ircc.

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
did you apply Non-SDS?