+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canada study permit refusal

Dec 25, 2014
Hi,I recently applied for study permit in canada for jan. Intake but got refusal .
I hve completed bachelor's in hotel management in may 2014 with 62%,10+2 with 64% in arts stream,10th with 49% nd ielts with overall 6 bands with 7 in listening,6.5 inreading,5.5 in writing and speaking. I applied for hospitality management undergraduate diploma in seneca college Toronto. So what can i do now pls guide me

lucky_always24

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-July-2013 , 28-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
04-06-13, 04-11-14
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
Approved on 11-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
You were more likely to be refused because you already have bachelor degree ( Graduate ) and you are applying for undergraduate diploma in same.
This is not a logical progression. This is the major thing behind your refusal however your average performance throughout your academic career is also a negative point. Not worth reapplying for Canadian study permit , However there are chance if you apply for master in hospital management.

silent3y3s

Jun 1, 2014
Halifax
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
Doc's Request.
NO
Interview........
Not required!
lucky_always24 said:
You were more likely to be refused because you already have bachelor degree ( Graduate ) and you are applying for undergraduate diploma in same.
This is not a logical progression. This is the major thing behind your refusal however your average performance throughout your academic career is also a negative point. Not worth reapplying for Canadian study permit , However there are chance if you apply for master in hospital management.
right

HGrewal

May 8, 2014
Gurpreet Grewal said:
Hi,I recently applied for study permit in canada for jan. Intake but got refusal .
I hve completed bachelor's in hotel management in may 2014 with 62%,10+2 with 64% in arts stream,10th with 49% nd ielts with overall 6 bands with 7 in listening,6.5 inreading,5.5 in writing and speaking. I applied for hospitality management undergraduate diploma in seneca college Toronto. So what can i do now pls guide me
Baiji apply for Masters or Post Graduate diploma/degree in Global Hospitality Management.

It would be better if you gain a year or 2 years experience with a good hotel/restaurant in india and then apply to canada with a strong SOP explaining how a degree from canada would help you further in your career back in India.

Don't worry about your marks in 12th and graduation. They are fine. However, it would be better if you give ielts again and get 6.5 score.
Regards