+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Student visa rejected twice

rick0990

Jan 17, 2020
Hey there.
I have 2 visa rejections.
I had applied my Visa for Canada at Cambrian College (Sudbury). In Project Management. It's basically a Post graduate certificate course of 1 year.
My visa got rejected on 12th dec 2019 for Jan 2020 intake, hence my consultant told its better to apply for may 2020 intake (as we cannot reapply for Jan intake again). So we got defferal offer letter from college for may 2020 intake and I also applied for caips notes when I got my first rejection.
I re-applied my visa for 2nd time on 10th Jan (without receiving caips notes) again got rejected on 15th Jan now. And just a day ago (before rejection)on 14th Jan I received my caips notes.

I had completed my bachelors in Interior Design from India in the year 2013. Post my graduation, I jumped into the work market in the year 2014 and working till date. So overall a 6 years of work experience. I have submitted all the dcouments perfectly including my employment proof with salary slips and bank statements. Also, I attached and parents ITR Return of last 3 years. I applied in SDS stream.My overall Ielts is 6.5 with no less band than 6. I had enough funds and ties that would surely link that I would return back after my completion of course.

The Visa officers stated that the rejection in caips notes - "Application reviewed. Client is applying for a Project Management program at Cambrian College. Applicant obtained a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design in 2013. Educational documents presented reflect low to low average prior scholastic history - more specifically in core educational subjects which I have placed more weight on than elective subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. Client has been building an extensive and progressive work experience since 2014. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already has an extensive academic background and career history. Study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons I have refused this application as per R216(1)(b)."

My medical was clear. All my documents are fairly strong.

If anyone would guide me, Should I re-apply for the 3rd time? If yes, how to apply again? that is if I need to attach more documents or something. Because previously when I applied. All my documents were complete and I had a professional check on them before filing the Visa.

Please, I would like some advice or suggestions on this matter.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hey there.
I have 2 visa rejections.
I had applied my Visa for Canada at Cambrian College (Sudbury). In Project Management. It's basically a Post graduate certificate course of 1 year.
My visa got rejected on 12th dec 2019 for Jan 2020 intake, hence my consultant told its better to apply for may 2020 intake (as we cannot reapply for Jan intake again). So we got defferal offer letter from college for may 2020 intake and I also applied for caips notes when I got my first rejection.
I re-applied my visa for 2nd time on 10th Jan (without receiving caips notes) again got rejected on 15th Jan now. And just a day ago (before rejection)on 14th Jan I received my caips notes.

I had completed my bachelors in Interior Design from India in the year 2013. Post my graduation, I jumped into the work market in the year 2014 and working till date. So overall a 6 years of work experience. I have submitted all the dcouments perfectly including my employment proof with salary slips and bank statements. Also, I attached and parents ITR Return of last 3 years. I applied in SDS stream.My overall Ielts is 6.5 with no less band than 6. I had enough funds and ties that would surely link that I would return back after my completion of course.

The Visa officers stated that the rejection in caips notes - "Application reviewed. Client is applying for a Project Management program at Cambrian College. Applicant obtained a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design in 2013. Educational documents presented reflect low to low average prior scholastic history - more specifically in core educational subjects which I have placed more weight on than elective subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. Client has been building an extensive and progressive work experience since 2014. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already has an extensive academic background and career history. Study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons I have refused this application as per R216(1)(b)."

My medical was clear. All my documents are fairly strong.

If anyone would guide me, Should I re-apply for the 3rd time? If yes, how to apply again? that is if I need to attach more documents or something. Because previously when I applied. All my documents were complete and I had a professional check on them before filing the Visa.

Please, I would like some advice or suggestions on this matter.
Your previous course is not relevant to the one you applied for. Besides that, you have work experience as well so it's highly unlikely that the course you applied for will help you in any way (in the eyes of the VO.) You should opt for a Masters in a field related to Interior Design.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Based on the officer's comments in bold, what are your thoughts?

Note that the officer didn't say that you were missing any documents - you're not. Read what the officer said and tell me what you think.

rick0990

Jan 17, 2020
Your previous course is not relevant to the one you applied for. Besides that, you have work experience as well so it's highly unlikely that the course you applied for will help you in any way (in the eyes of the VO.) You should opt for a Masters in a field related to Interior Design.
My dad owns a construction business, So I actually want to go ahead with project management course.
Should I re-apply for the 3rd time? If yes, how to apply again.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan

Note that the officer didn't say that you were missing any documents - you're not. Read what the officer said and tell me what you think.
I already told you what he thinks. He thinks that the course you applied for is not relevant to your educational background/previous program. You have a degree in interior design as well as extensive work experience, so the PGD in project management, in the eyes of the visa officer as I mentioned before, will not benefit you. You should definitely change your program or come up with a valid and strong explanation as to why you chose a diploma in project management.

Edit: My bad, I confused you with the OP who asked the question. I wanted to quote OP.

rick0990

Jan 17, 2020

Yes, he did not said about any documents I missed. I think I should re-apply with more clarifications in SOP that this course will actually help me in my career. What do you think? Should I re-apply?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
My dad owns a construction business, So I actually want to go ahead with project management course.
Should I re-apply for the 3rd time? If yes, how to apply again.
You can reapply but I suggest you to go with a Masters program related to interior design if you want to improve your chances.

rick0990

Jan 17, 2020
I already told you what he thinks. He thinks that the course you applied for is not relevant to your educational background/previous program. You have a degree in interior design as well as extensive work experience, so the PGD in project management, in the eyes of the visa officer as I mentioned before, will not benefit you. You should definitely change your program or come up with a valid and strong explanation as to why you chose a diploma in project management.
Even If I change my course to a masters in interior design or something, dont you feel VO will think how easily he changed his course just to get the visa? I mean to say is he may doubt on me that the student himself does'nt know what course will benefit him.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes, he did not said about any documents I missed. I think I should re-apply with more clarifications in SOP that this course will actually help me in my career. What do you think? Should I re-apply?
Read through this part:

Educational documents presented reflect low to low average prior scholastic history - more specifically in core educational subjects which I have placed more weight on than elective subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. Client has been building an extensive and progressive work experience since 2014. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already has an extensive academic background and career history. Study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home.

Honestly, these are some of the clearest GCMS notes I've ever seen in discussing why a student visa was refused. Step by step analysis and clear rationale.

Read through it point by point - develop your response to each point.

Reactions: anuragipushp

rick0990

Jan 17, 2020
Read through this part:

Educational documents presented reflect low to low average prior scholastic history - more specifically in core educational subjects which I have placed more weight on than elective subjects. I am not satisfied that applicant will be able to successfully complete the study program in Canada. Client has been building an extensive and progressive work experience since 2014. It is not evident why applicant would study this program at such great expense considering applicant already has an extensive academic background and career history. Study plan submitted is general and does not outline a clear career path for which such an educational program would be of benefit or improve job prospects back home.

Honestly, these are some of the clearest GCMS notes I've ever seen in discussing why a student visa was refused. Step by step analysis and clear rationale.

Read through it point by point - develop your response to each point.
Alright! Thanks mate.

rick0990

Jan 17, 2020
My case is similar to u .... i got my second refusal on 16 January .... applied on 13 January just in three days..... how u got GCMS this fast.?.. where u applied...?
When I got my first refusal on 12 dec, then I applied for GCMS and I recieved GCMS after a month i.e on 14th jan. But what I did is I reapplied on 10th jan before receiving GCMS.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
SO what do you think? Should I re-apply with the same course?
what would you suggest?
I assume you are just trying to immigrate. Given your weak marks many advanced degrees will be difficult to complete. Your reasons for studying in Canada need to make sense and lead to career progression.

rick0990

Jan 17, 2020
I assume you are just trying to immigrate. Given your weak marks many advanced degrees will be difficult to complete. Your reasons for studying in Canada need to make sense and lead to career progression.
No, I genuinely want to go for this course,I need to learn every aspect of it, right from planning, budgeting, cost control, timelines, resource management and more. I am really disappointed to see 2 rejections. May be I am unable to explain well to VO in my SOP.
I asked you because many people are asking me here to change the course. I think this course is relevant to my proffesion.