+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Student Permit Rejected for May-2014 Intake , Please help

Rakesh248

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
mead said:
diploma or PG diploma and which college? why did u apply under general? also did u attach other financial documents as per the general check list?
Hello Mead,

My Profile is :

SSC 80.40%
HSSC 81.81%
B.E (Civil) 65% No Backlogs
IELTS : 7 overall with no band less than 6.5
Work Exp : 2.8 Years in IT industry (Capgemini) No Civil Exp

I have received an offer letter from Conestoga for Project Management for May 2014. I am planning to apply under SPP. I am going for bank loan and will show some extra funds as well.
My concern is, my work experience is not relevant to what I have studied in my graduation, as I have done Civil engineering and I am currently working in IT company, so will this bee an issue for VISA? What are my chances with this profile?
I am also planning to put an SOP. I selected general Project Management as this course will set my options free for both civil and IT industry in future. Should I mention this in my SOP? or should I just concentrate on 1 field? If just 1 then which one would be better IT or Civil?

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Pjules

Jan 23, 2014
my study permit got rejected but i had applied in general not using spp, is it possible to use the college and help me apply. thank you.
below are the reasons for my study permit rejection.

i applied for a study permit to canada, and they refused my application based on the following reasons!!
Puruant to sec 219 of the immigration and refugee protection act i am not satisfied that you:
1) have sufficient and available financial resources without working in canada to pay the tution fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue

You have not satsified me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay in reaching this decision, i considered several factors, including:
1) your travel history
2) your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
3) your personal assets and financial status
4) purpose of visit
i had used my father as my sponsor and included my savings too. and had asked for a study leave from my work place which they had granted me and put it in writing.

Please help me out,where did i go wrong. i want to correct my mistakes and be able to study in september.!!!

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
) have sufficient and available financial resources without working in canada to pay the tution fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue

You have not satsified me that you would leave canada at the end of your stay in reaching this decision, i considered several factors, including:
1) your travel history --- have you ever traveled to developed (Europe) countries? If not, then VO thinks : he has been nowhere why suddenly CANADA?
2) your family ties in canada and in your country of residence - Do you have relatives in Canada? And what do you have at home besides parents? Good job? Property? Business? Wife and children?
3) your personal assets and financial status - see 3) and also what kind of money did you show? Savings? Shares? Income from business? How much?
4) purpose of visit - How does your purpose to take that particular program in Canada (and why nowhere else?) reflect your previous education and field of job in homeland?

naga26291

Feb 15, 2014
hi,

Even i got admission in same course at same college ie: pg diploma in embedded systemks development(co-op). even my general visa got rejected with same reason. now, i dont know what to do? i had submitted my visa with financial documents, sop which states clearly about my financial statements, my aim and goals, my future plans and i had given assurance as i will return back to India after my visa period. now, i really dont know what to do? kindly help me too......