+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR

PoojaBhayani

Jun 3, 2017
Hi All,

I have submitted by ITA , and even my status of Background verification has started.I am going to marry a PR holder of Canada soon

As I am not currently married, so I can't change my status in the application.

What should I do, as I will marry him in the end of November, till that time I might get COPR.

What are steps/process to change my status in application after receiving the COPR, as my husband is a PR Holder.

Regards,
Pooja B.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have submitted by ITA , and even my status of Background verification has started.I am going to marry a PR holder of Canada soon

As I am not currently married, so I can't change my status in the application.

What should I do, as I will marry him in the end of November, till that time I might get COPR.

What are steps/process to change my status in application after receiving the COPR, as my husband is a PR Holder.

Regards,
Pooja B.
If your husband is already PR, then he is just additional family, not a new applicant for PR. Just inform IRCC of your marriage if it becomes necessary. You will be asked at landing if your application has changed.

PoojaBhayani

Jun 3, 2017
If your husband is already PR, then he is just additional family, not a new applicant for PR. Just inform IRCC of your marriage if it becomes necessary. You will be asked at landing if your application has changed.

Hi,
Thanks for solving my query.
Can you tell me,how much time IRCC will take to update my status? Do i need to surrender my COPR?
Basically, my marriage will happen in November and before that I might receive COPR.

Thanks,
Pooja B.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I said, you will be asked at landing if your circumstances have changed. You will need to tell IRCC about it, but it's an irrelevant detail for your COPR because your husband is already PR.