+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR wants to apply for a US Tourist Visa (chances?)

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a new landed permanent resident, running 6 months to be exact. I came to Canada through parental sponsorship. I have my parents and 2 sisters here.

I have a full time job as a pre-school director, and the house where I live and work has all the utility bills under my name. Gas, electricity, water, internet and home phone....

Since I'm new, I have a few thousand dollars savings, and I'm wondering if what i have in my bank account matters so much? and the amount of time I'm a permanent resident here? My boyfriend will write a letter stating that I will stay at his place in full accomodation.

My boyfriend visited me twice in Canada, in the last 3 months and since I have 10 days off from work, I want to visit him in the States. Do you think I stand a chance for approval?

I've gathered these documents.

1. Utility bills from Telus and Enmax
2. bank statements fro RBC
3. Unpaid time off request form
4. letter of employment
5. Insurance Policy from Blue Cross
6. PR Cards, alberta health card, SIN Card, Confirmation of Right of Permanent resident

Do you think this will suffice?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakeyy said:
I'm a new landed permanent resident, running 6 months to be exact. I came to Canada through parental sponsorship. I have my parents and 2 sisters here.

I have a full time job as a pre-school director, and the house where I live and work has all the utility bills under my name. Gas, electricity, water, internet and home phone....

Since I'm new, I have a few thousand dollars savings, and I'm wondering if what i have in my bank account matters so much? and the amount of time I'm a permanent resident here? My boyfriend will write a letter stating that I will stay at his place in full accomodation.

My boyfriend visited me twice in Canada, in the last 3 months and since I have 10 days off from work, I want to visit him in the States. Do you think I stand a chance for approval?

4. letter of employment
6. PR Cards, alberta health card, SIN Card, Confirmation of Right of Permanent resident

Hi Shakeyy,
You have more than enough documents for a favourable consideration of your visit to US. A letter of invitation, RETURN TICKET to Canada, your PR card/COPR papers, Employment records and recent utility bill should be enough. They would just want to confirm that you would return back to Canada.

Mitali

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
shakeyy said:

4. letter of employment

Dear Shakkey

invitation letter and US address where you are going are missing. good luck

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharp2000 said:
Dear Shakkey

invitation letter and US address where you are going are missing. good luck
Hi!

Thank you for the response...

Yes, I have filled that up already in the DS160. i've provided my boyfriends address in Orlando in the DS160 form.. He is a citizen there. I also have roundtrip tickets Calgary-Orlando-Calgary...

I am just confused, i know i will be asked about my purpose of visit to the US and my answer will be to visit my boyfriend in the States because he couldn't get anymore time off since he visited me in Calgary twice for the last 4 months. (July and Oct).... is this ok? i want to be honest as much as possible since it's him whom i wanted to see anyways.

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
Hi Shakeyy,
You have more than enough documents for a favourable consideration of your visit to US. A letter of invitation, RETURN TICKET to Canada, your PR card/COPR papers, Employment records and recent utility bill should be enough. They would just want to confirm that you would return back to Canada.

Mitali
Thanks so much Mitalli.... I'm worried much more of the amount of time I spent in Canada as a PR (running 6 months) and my bank account, i have a few thousand dollars from my last 2 paychecks. :( will this matter so much?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakeyy said:
Thanks so much Mitalli.... I'm worried much more of the amount of time I spent in Canada as a PR (running 6 months) and my bank account, i have a few thousand dollars from my last 2 paychecks. :( will this matter so much?
If you are worried about the residency obligations of a PR then chk the link below: You have to be physically present in Canada for 2 yrs in a 5 yr period. You should be okay if you can show the physical presence of 2yrs in Canada. One thing I would like to suggest is to retain the boarding passes as you exit/enter Canada which might be useful to show the exact days absent from Canada. Remember, Canada does not STAMP any "Exit" in the passports.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-residency-obligations.html

Your bank account is not an issue for US.....they would just be interested to know if you would return back to Canada.

And your reason is valid too and you are being transparent ...that is what is important.

Mitali

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitali said:
If you are worried about the residency obligations of a PR then chk the link below: You have to be physically present in Canada for 2 yrs in a 5 yr period. You should be okay if you can show the physical presence of 2yrs in Canada. One thing I would like to suggest is to retain the boarding passes as you exit/enter Canada which might be useful to show the exact days absent from Canada. Remember, Canada does not STAMP any "Exit" in the passports.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-residency-obligations.html

Your bank account is not an issue for US.....they would just be interested to know if you would return back to Canada.

And your reason is valid too and you are being transparent ...that is what is important.

Mitali
I won't stay in the US for long. only 2 weeks as I have to be back in Calgary on the 8th because of work. I meant i'm worried about the amount of time spent, is because i read that if u stayed 6 months or less in Canada, it's tougher to get a visitor visa to the US? They say we need to stay 6 months or more for a greater chances of getting a US Tourist visa? Thanks Mitali