+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR vs US H1B/GC

sniperifle100

Oct 26, 2020
Hi I’m in a tricky situation. I am presently on H1B status without stamp and I recently received invite to apply for Canada PR. In the application I’m single but I might be getting married to a US citizen soon. Mostly next year mid I might be able to apply PR visa and then I think I have 6 months to enter Canada and activate it.

Preferably I want to do a soft landing first and eventually marry but the problem is the visa rules are uncertain because of the percentile increase in prevailing wage rate I don’t know if I’ll be able to secure a job as I’m currently working full time with an agency as a consultant to the client.

The client wants to convert me full time and wants to stop consulting maybe by end of year but I’m not sure if that process will go through because of the new H1B wage levels and on top of that I have non compete agreement. So in case agency cannot secure a job/project within that pay scale based on location for that specific occupation it’s going to be challenging thing.

How shall I go around this thing? Any advice appreciated.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I think the only person who can answer this question is you. This sounds more like a life question than immigration question. The Canadian job market is definitely smaller than the American job market and this means lesser opportunities.

Ask yourself this. Are you willing to sacrifice some opportunities and money for stability? If the answer is yes, go ahead and apply for permanent residence under Express Entry.

Reactions: paneka penalty

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi I’m in a tricky situation. I am presently on H1B status without stamp and I recently received invite to apply for Canada PR. In the application I’m single but I might be getting married to a US citizen soon. Mostly next year mid I might be able to apply PR visa and then I think I have 6 months to enter Canada and activate it.

Preferably I want to do a soft landing first and eventually marry but the problem is the visa rules are uncertain because of the percentile increase in prevailing wage rate I don’t know if I’ll be able to secure a job as I’m currently working full time with an agency as a consultant to the client.

The client wants to convert me full time and wants to stop consulting maybe by end of year but I’m not sure if that process will go through because of the new H1B wage levels and on top of that I have non compete agreement. So in case agency cannot secure a job/project within that pay scale based on location for that specific occupation it’s going to be challenging thing.

I bet you know the answer. Get married to the US Citizen now. US GC over Canadian PR anyday by a margin of 1 million. I don’t know what’s the confusion here.

Reactions: paneka penalty

sniperifle100

Oct 26, 2020
Actually I want to keep Canadian PR also and the thing is I have done a lot of planning and effort plus spent lot of time and money so don’t wanna go through the process all over.

sniperifle100

Oct 26, 2020
I think the only person who can answer this question is you. This sounds more like a life question than immigration question. The Canadian job market is definitely smaller than the American job market and this means lesser opportunities.

Ask yourself this. Are you willing to sacrifice some opportunities and money for stability? If the answer is yes, go ahead and apply for permanent residence under Express Entry.
If I have US job I shall keep it but if not things need to be initiated in specific manner. I guess the only caveat is I would need to maintain 2 out of 5 years for the PR card.

jjrock

Jan 17, 2021

Not sure if this is still timely for you but the prevailing wage percentile increase has been delayed: https://flcprevailingwage.com/

sniperifle100

Oct 26, 2020
Just checking on this thread again so I received the PPR recently and since I don’t have a H1B stamp. I might need to do soft landing and use AVR.The real challenge though is can I work remotely from Canada for a US employer and get paid in US salary is there any implications for employer since my job is remote how do they check while calculating taxes that you are physically present in Canada.