+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Vs Australia PR

varunchauhan

Jan 3, 2018
Hi All,

My journey for attaining a PR started at the start of the year 2017. I am currently a citizen of India and wanted to move to a different country for a better standard of living and job opportunities. Giving some background on my profile. I hold a master's degree in Computers and have been working in the IT industry for last 10+ years as a software engineer and have steadily moved to a position of a Technical Lead. Most of this experience is but not limited to working with Microsoft technologies in Desktop, Web and recently in Cloud development, and have worked in both Service and product development firms. Married but no kids yet. My wife is into corporate IT services sales. My immediate family members (Sister) is settled in US.

When I and my wife decided to start the PR process the options that we thought of are Canada and Australia. We were unsure of the success of scoring a PR with any of those countries and hence decided to pursue both of them and take the one that we are able to get an invite from first. However, come this February to our surprise we received an invite from both Canada and Australia. I am thus asking for advice from the members of the community to help us understand the pros and cons of choosing one country over the other.

Our confusion stands at the facts that the weather in Canada is very harsh, but on the other hand, from what I have read so far, Australia is a lot more expensive than Canada in terms of living expenses. Our primary concern would be about job opportunities and future prospects in my particular field of work. I am not expecting to get the same seniority and understand that I will have to work from scratch in the new Country wherever I plan to move.

Thanks in advance

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi All,

My journey for attaining a PR started at the start of the year 2017. I am currently a citizen of India and wanted to move to a different country for a better standard of living and job opportunities. Giving some background on my profile. I hold a master's degree in Computers and have been working in the IT industry for last 10+ years as a software engineer and have steadily moved to a position of a Technical Lead. Most of this experience is but not limited to working with Microsoft technologies in Desktop, Web and recently in Cloud development, and have worked in both Service and product development firms. Married but no kids yet. My wife is into corporate IT services sales. My immediate family members (Sister) is settled in US.

When I and my wife decided to start the PR process the options that we thought of are Canada and Australia. We were unsure of the success of scoring a PR with any of those countries and hence decided to pursue both of them and take the one that we are able to get an invite from first. However, come this February to our surprise we received an invite from both Canada and Australia. I am thus asking for advice from the members of the community to help us understand the pros and cons of choosing one country over the other.

Our confusion stands at the facts that the weather in Canada is very harsh, but on the other hand, from what I have read so far, Australia is a lot more expensive than Canada in terms of living expenses. Our primary concern would be about job opportunities and future prospects in my particular field of work. I am not expecting to get the same seniority and understand that I will have to work from scratch in the new Country wherever I plan to move.

Thanks in advance
Congrats on your invites. According to what I have researched before my application, I feel Australia is better for IT professionals and Canada is good for core professionals like automation, electrical etc. But in no way this means IT is bad in Canada. I also had the dilemma of choosing the countries but I, being from the automation background, chose Canada as my new country.