+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR proof of funds - 6 months average

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hey guys how about a scenario when someone builds the required amount of funds by depositing over 6 months, (that too in uneven parts). Does there seem any problem with that?

Say for example, below turn out to be the averages for six months:

June - $2000
July - $6000
August - $6000
September - $7000
October - $15000
November - $20000

1. Do you need to explain why such uneven chunks are deposited? (or any possibility of getting such a request in ADR? (just being thoughtful))
2. Do you need to specify the sources of those funds? (or any possibility of getting such a request in ADR? (just being thoughtful))
3. Are you good with submitting these 6 months' averages in POF? Or you need to wait for the required funds to age 6 months (after November)?
This definitely makes it look like someone has been adding money in your account for purpose of proof and the funds will disappear right after application. I would let it age although that is my opinion. On the other hand if there is a solid and sane reason for this to happen (can't imagine one), I would mention it in loe.

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hey guys how about a scenario when someone builds the required amount of funds by depositing over 6 months, (that too in uneven parts). Does there seem any problem with that?

Say for example, below turn out to be the averages for six months:

June - $2000
July - $6000
August - $6000
September - $7000
October - $15000
November - $20000

1. Do you need to explain why such uneven chunks are deposited? (or any possibility of getting such a request in ADR? (just being thoughtful))
2. Do you need to specify the sources of those funds? (or any possibility of getting such a request in ADR? (just being thoughtful))
3. Are you good with submitting these 6 months' averages in POF? Or you need to wait for the required funds to age 6 months (after November)?
If you received these funds from someone a gift deed will be enough. I had a similar issue as I normally didn't add savings to my personal account which is why I asked for a gift deed from my father declaring the funds were legally mine to use for PR purpose.

cino86

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
USA
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
Doc's Request.
14-062019
I applied from USA what bank are you using and what are they providing?
I use Bank of America and when I called the guy said they can send me statements, which I already have. I don’t understand why they want a letter, just wondering why they won’t just accept my bank statemenr

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
OK thanks. You think they’ll still want a letter if I give 6 months of bank statements?
Bank reference letter is mandatory mate. If you see the cic requirements, it's only bank reference letter. They have not mentioned about 6 months bank statement. A reference letter is the TPA which cannot be fudged by the applicant.

You have to have the bank reference letter otherwise you will be sitting in RR for a pretty longtime. Moreover, BOA shouldn't have any issue in authorising a reference letter. After all it's BOA and not SBI.

Harsha009

Star Member
May 15, 2019
NOC Code......
Guys I've prepared gift deed format and shown 9lakhs as a POF from parents..I've realised that I have 2.5 lakhs loan from credit card and paying monthly 6k ..I guess there is still around 2 lakhs to be paid ..do I have to pay my debt before I submit my POF or is it fine if I ve put additional 3 lakhs and show 12 lakhs in total as a gift ? What should be the correct way

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Guys I've prepared gift deed format and shown 9lakhs as a POF from parents..I've realised that I have 2.5 lakhs loan from credit card and paying monthly 6k ..I guess there is still around 2 lakhs to be paid ..do I have to pay my debt before I submit my POF or is it fine if I ve put additional 3 lakhs and show 12 lakhs in total as a gift ? What should be the correct way
Have an amount equivalent to the loan outstanding in your account over and above the money required by the cic and have a LOE mentioning that the extra amount covers your debt plus it's 6k EMI which has to be paid over a period of XX months.

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
I use Bank of America and when I called the guy said they can send me statements, which I already have. I don’t understand why they want a letter, just wondering why they won’t just accept my bank statemenr
Tell them you need a letter. Try seeing a personal banker at the bank. Do not call go there to the office. I am with chase bank and the personal banker typed it and printed it for me upfront.

Reactions: cino86

cino86

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
USA
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-06-2019
Doc's Request.
14-062019
Tell them you need a letter. Try seeing a personal banker at the bank. Do not call go there to the office. I am with chase bank and the personal banker typed it and printed it for me upfront.
Thanks. I will make an appointment and go in, POF would be the dumbest thing to get an application denied for.

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Thanks. I will make an appointment and go in, POF would be the dumbest thing to get an application denied for.
Yes, for now, give them the main document they require. Even if the bank does not give you avg balance for 6 months they might for 12. Mention in LOE that you were not provided this info and submit your statements. Most say to print on letterhead but it is unnecessary as long as you have the maintenance summary (the letter you are asking the bank to give) with you and that is attached to the same file as the statements. If you work you can submit a payslip to prove you get regular income and also if there are unexplained funds get a gift deed to explain a sudden spike in balances. This is more than enough to clear any issues that may arise. Good Luck

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Yes, for now, give them the main document they require. Even if the bank does not give you avg balance for 6 months they might for 12. Mention in LOE that you were not provided this info and submit your statements. Most say to print on letterhead but it is unnecessary as long as you have the maintenance summary (the letter you are asking the bank to give) with you and that is attached to the same file as the statements. If you work you can submit a payslip to prove you get regular income and also if there are unexplained funds get a gift deed to explain a sudden spike in balances. This is more than enough to clear any issues that may arise. Good Luck
Don't complicate his matter. CIC doesn't require payslips, bank statements or tax docs. They are not a revenue vigilance department. And for that matter, they have simply asked for a bank reference letter from the bank to be presented, as a scanned doc and to be uploaded. Why do you think they have not asked for six months statement, which can easily be given by the PA, by simply downloading from his internet banking without any seal or stamp. TPA mate. That's what they require.

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Don't complicate his matter. CIC doesn't require payslips, bank statements or tax docs. They are not a revenue vigilance department. And for that matter, they have simply asked for a bank reference letter from the bank to be presented, as a scanned doc and to be uploaded. Why do you think they have not asked for six months statement, which can easily be given by the PA, by simply downloading from his internet banking without any seal or stamp. TPA mate. That's what they require.
I applied from the States and this is what I had to give and how I got the information. I am simply telling as per USA. Also if there were any sudden funds I am telling for anyone who may have this issue. Most banks do not give a 6-month avg in the states which is asked by IRCC that is why banks in America provide 12 months themselves. Simply telling him what I had to deal with. If you applied from USA and had a different situation you may advise. Aslo I mentioned the Payslip as that is mentioned in the application itself by IRCC that you can provide to show inflow of funds so that is an option and I am sure anyone who fills out the application may see and choose to do. I did not say you must I said you may do that if you want.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
I applied from the States and this is what I had to give and how I got the information. I am simply telling as per USA. Also if there were any sudden funds I am telling for anyone who may have this issue. Most banks do not give a 6-month avg in the states which is asked by IRCC that is why banks in America provide 12 months themselves. Simply telling him what I had to deal with. If you applied from USA and had a different situation you may advise. Aslo I mentioned the Payslip as that is mentioned in the application itself by IRCC that you can provide to show inflow of funds so that is an option and I am sure anyone who fills out the application may see and choose to do. I did not say you must I said you may do that if you want.
Mate, don't take it to your heart. I said, "don't complicate his matter" and why I said that coz you're asking a gift deed to be made if there is an influx of funds. First and foremost, gift deed is only and only from parents side and what if he has already an influx from his parents and that too thru wire. So, the clarity wasn't specified. No, I'm not highlighting your words and no wonder I used the word "complicate".

Somewhere, someone explained in this forum, how not to delay your files by giving example of Mary. Well he is absolutely correct. Payslips are an option but not required. I just said, why CIC only asks for bank reference letter and not the rest. Coz they believe that TPA doc is the best proof they can have.

Anyways, let's not quibble on it.

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Mate, don't take it to your heart. I said, "don't complicate his matter" and why I said that coz you're asking a gift deed to be made if there is an influx of funds. First and foremost, gift deed is only and only from parents side and what if he has already an influx from his parents and that too thru wire. So, the clarity wasn't specified. No, I'm not highlighting your words and no wonder I used the word "complicate".

Somewhere, someone explained in this forum, how not to delay your files by giving example of Mary. Well he is absolutely correct. Payslips are an option but not required. I just said, why CIC only asks for bank reference letter and not the rest. Coz they believe that TPA doc is the best proof they can have.

Anyways, let's not quibble on it.
Mate I think you were not following the thread. Reason for gift deed was mentioned earlier I simply repeated it as a summary. Also I was replying to clarify the issue and there is no need for a fuss to be created. To each, their own experience and everyone is simply sharing their process. Thanks

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Mate I think you were not following the thread. Reason for gift deed was mentioned earlier I simply repeated it as a summary. Also I was replying to clarify the issue and there is no need for a fuss to be created. To each, their own experience and everyone is simply sharing their process. Thanks
:)