+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR - Non Compliance letter - Medical SURVEILLANCE

movingsoon456

Feb 23, 2022
Hi,

My partner has received a non-compliance letter for her medical surveillance and we're worried about her PR status. We're arriving from the UK in Sept and want to get this sorted. Does anyone have any ideas about whether this will affect her PR status and how we can rectify this.

She had done a soft landing in Dec 2019, got put on medical surveillance for inactive TB and called the local health authority the day she landed. They registered her and advised she needed to come in for an appointment when she returned to Canada to live, booking in a tentative appointment for a year later. The pandemic happened during that time and she wasn't able to return to Canada and make that appointment. She received a letter of non-compliance a couple of months ago in November 2021 and we're a bit worried this will affect her PR status. She wasn't in Canada at any point during this time and so couldn't complete any medical surveillance, so it just seems to me that IRCC need to be made aware of this. We are getting in touch with them via their email to explain the situation.

Does anyone have any experience of this, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PNRN

Feb 2, 2023
Hi....is there any update on your situation??? Also did she get her PR card despite not having gone for her appointment?? Please let me know....

-Puja

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi....is there any update on your situation??? Also did she get her PR card despite not having gone for her appointment?? Please let me know....

-Puja
Don't know about that, but thinks she might be in problem. As you signed a form at the time of PR promising that you will comply with the treatment and if not PR will be in danger.