+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADA PR landing experience & returned to USA on same day

HASAFARH353

Jun 11, 2014
Hi

I would like to share my Canadian PR landing experience. I am currently on H1B visa in USA & got approved Canadian PR in Experience Class Category. I went with family to Peace Bridge to complete landing paper work on June 6th , 2015.

1) At the Canadian check post, handed over all passport to officer & informed him that i am here for landing purpose. He gave me a yellow paper & send me to office.
2) Office was very quite & there was only one person ahead of me in line. When he is done ; i went to the window & told officer that i am here for landing. Handed over my passports & COPR to him .

Officer : Can i have your Canadian Driver license
Me : No, i dont have Canadian License

Officer : Then how are you living in Canada.
Me : I explained him that i live in USA & am here for completing paper work of landing.
Officer : How ling you have been in USA
Me : Its been close to two years .
Officer : Then why do you want to do landing today
Me : My Immigrant visa is expiring in July first week, so i am doing landing today. More over; i am planning to settle down permanently in next few months.
Officer : where would i be sending your PR Card
Me : I can give you a local Canadian address of my friend
Officer : I cant accept any address where you do not live physically.
Me : Sir, you can trust my friends address.
Officer : you can trust , but i cant trust your friend. However i am going to complete your landing today without local address. He handed me a form ; asking me to fill it out later when i have a Canadian address .
Me : I have lots of friend who gave someone's address for delivery of PR card & that was accepted.
Officer : I am not sure about others ;but i am not going to do that today.
Finally he asked me to take a seat ; so that he could complete the paper work.

After 10-15 minutes he called my name & asked me to sign COPR. Then he signed COPR & congratulate me to become Canadian Permanent Resident. He stapled the signed COPR in my passport & told me that this COPR can be used in lieu of PR card (except that i cant enter in Canada by Air). I can apply for travel document if i have to travel to Canada by Air. He then sent me to Customs office on the other side.

I gave the list of Good to Follow to Custom Officer. He had a look at it & said that Jewellery items needs to have an appraisal from jeweler and photograph. Similarly he asked me to made few more corrections in list. Additionally the officer sitting next to him intervene & said that since i am returning to US in few hours ;so i dont have to declare any goods to follow list today. I can bring goods & declare goods to follow list; when i am coming to Canada to settle permanently with an intention to stay at least for 12 months. I thank him and come out of office.

I drive few miles in to Canada to have lunch & returned through peace Bridge after one hour. It was pretty smooth at US border.

Officer : Country of Citizenship
Me : India ; however my daughter is a US citizen & handed her all passport.
Officer : Why you went to Canada
Me : i went for PR landing process.

She scanned passports & returned saying that you are all set to go and i move directly back to home.

I am sharing my experience for our forum fellow who are going for landing from USA in near future.

I would be more than happy to reply any specific query which i could reply.

Hasan

Reactions: williameyidi

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

But I guess everyone can only get their Maple card within Canada. Is it right?

YRJ

Jun 6, 2015
Hi,

I have received my stamped passport today. and PR visa is valid only for days, how can I change country in 7 days.

Can I extend my CoPR visa.

Thank you in advance.

ind-it009

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/16/2014
AOR Received.
06/30/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
06/29/2015
LANDED..........
07/22/2015
YRJ said:
Hi,

I have received my stamped passport today. and PR visa is valid only for days, how can I change country in 7 days.

Thank you in advance.
Hi,
When did you send passport and how many days it took to get back.
How come they had given only 7 days for landing. Is is the same for all or only you. Are you currently in Canada.
Please let me know I had send passport to CIC few days back. I had planned to land after 2-3 weeks after receiving passport, but I was surprised to see your message for 7 days period.
Please let me know so that I change my plan.

Thanks,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
YRJ said:
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
If I remember correctly, the paperwork that accompanied the COPR clearly states that it cannot be extended. You could grab a last minute flight, land and immediately return to your home country. However, I believe that if CIC have made an error, they will extend the validity of the COPR.

einstein_pr

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
YRJ said:
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
Is your visa expiry date 1 year from your medical examination? Typically CIC adds 12 months to your medical date and determines the visa expiry. Although this is not a mandate.

Just wondering how can CIC be so unresonable...

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I am on h1b visa. i have a visa to canada. But i dont have retirn visa to usa. Can i return abck to usa after visiting canada with h1b.

clark kent

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2014
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
ganapathi said:
I am on h1b visa. i have a visa to canada. But i dont have retirn visa to usa. Can i return abck to usa after visiting canada with h1b.
Didn't quite understand your question.

Ok so you have an H1B visa and currently I am assuming you are in US working on your H1B visa.

Is the US H1B Visa still valid or has it expired?

Moreover do you have a Visa to visit Canada or did you receive your COPR and Immigrant visa for landing in Canada?

Please clarify...

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
clark kent said:
Didn't quite understand your question.

Ok so you have an H1B visa and currently I am assuming you are in US working on your H1B visa.

Is the US H1B Visa still valid or has it expired?

Moreover do you have a Visa to visit Canada or did you receive your COPR and Immigrant visa for landing in Canada?

Please clarify...
My h1b visa is not expired. I dont have a visa to come back to USA. I need to go for a interview again if i come out of states. I got copr recently. Want to do lading ASAP.

kris72

Mar 17, 2015
ganapathi said:
My h1b visa is not expired. I dont have a visa to come back to USA. I need to go for a interview again if i come out of states. I got copr recently. Want to do lading ASAP.
You dont need a visa to return to USA if you have valid I797/H1 approval copy.
You can use AVR (Automatic revalidation) if you intend to return back in 30 days.
hope this helps

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HASAFARH353 said:
Hi

I would like to share my Canadian PR landing experience. I am currently on H1B visa in USA & got approved Canadian PR in Experience Class Category. I went with family to Peace Bridge to complete landing paper work on June 6th , 2015.

1) At the Canadian check post, handed over all passport to officer & informed him that i am here for landing purpose. He gave me a yellow paper & send me to office.
2) Office was very quite & there was only one person ahead of me in line. When he is done ; i went to the window & told officer that i am here for landing. Handed over my passports & COPR to him .

Officer : Can i have your Canadian Driver license
Me : No, i dont have Canadian License

Officer : Then how are you living in Canada.
Me : I explained him that i live in USA & am here for completing paper work of landing.
Officer : How ling you have been in USA
Me : Its been close to two years .
Officer : Then why do you want to do landing today
Me : My Immigrant visa is expiring in July first week, so i am doing landing today. More over; i am planning to settle down permanently in next few months.
Officer : where would i be sending your PR Card
Me : I can give you a local Canadian address of my friend
Officer : I cant accept any address where you do not live physically.
Me : Sir, you can trust my friends address.
Officer : you can trust , but i cant trust your friend. However i am going to complete your landing today without local address. He handed me a form ; asking me to fill it out later when i have a Canadian address .
Me : I have lots of friend who gave someone's address for delivery of PR card & that was accepted.
Officer : I am not sure about others ;but i am not going to do that today.
Finally he asked me to take a seat ; so that he could complete the paper work.

After 10-15 minutes he called my name & asked me to sign COPR. Then he signed COPR & congratulate me to become Canadian Permanent Resident. He stapled the signed COPR in my passport & told me that this COPR can be used in lieu of PR card (except that i cant enter in Canada by Air). I can apply for travel document if i have to travel to Canada by Air. He then sent me to Customs office on the other side.

I gave the list of Good to Follow to Custom Officer. He had a look at it & said that Jewellery items needs to have an appraisal from jeweler and photograph. Similarly he asked me to made few more corrections in list. Additionally the officer sitting next to him intervene & said that since i am returning to US in few hours ;so i dont have to declare any goods to follow list today. I can bring goods & declare goods to follow list; when i am coming to Canada to settle permanently with an intention to stay at least for 12 months. I thank him and come out of office.

I drive few miles in to Canada to have lunch & returned through peace Bridge after one hour. It was pretty smooth at US border.

Officer : Country of Citizenship
Me : India ; however my daughter is a US citizen & handed her all passport.
Officer : Why you went to Canada
Me : i went for PR landing process.

She scanned passports & returned saying that you are all set to go and i move directly back to home.

I am sharing my experience for our forum fellow who are going for landing from USA in near future.

I would be more than happy to reply any specific query which i could reply.

Hasan
So how will you get your PR card without a local address? What is that form which the officer gave you to fill the Candian address?

SW1407

Nov 10, 2015
how will you get your PR card without a local address? What is that form which the officer gave you to fill the Candian address?