+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR - Currently staying in USA . Traveling to Canada

Hyndu_c

Jul 11, 2022
Hello,

We are currently staying in USA but have Canada PR.We want to travel to canada for figuring out future moving options and also need to get H1B visa stamping .But my question is

1) What should be the answer for this question :

Are you traveling from another country to apply for a US Visa in Canada? No or Yes.

We will be at a temporary location and need to get back.

Confused about the option . If i select this option there is no appointment needed and requesting to submit documents.

Thank you

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,

We are currently staying in USA but have Canada PR.We want to travel to canada for figuring out future moving options and also need to get H1B visa stamping .But my question is

1) What should be the answer for this question :

Are you traveling from another country to apply for a US Visa in Canada? No or Yes.

We will be at a temporary location and need to get back.

Confused about the option . If i select this option there is no appointment needed and requesting to submit documents.

Thank you
Are you done with your landing formalities? Unless you land, you are not considered a PR. And for the question its "Yes" as you haven't moved to Canada permanently yet.

The answer would be "No" , if you are already a PR(done landing) and you are ready to move to Canada and also attend H1b. Some people who are a PR have travelled temporarily for H1b stamping/dropbox by giving their friends address. Remember they would ask your PR card when you go for in-person interview. I am not sure if COPR is considered a valid document for US officials to present your identity as a Permanent Resident of Canada.

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Are you done with your landing formalities? Unless you land, you are not considered a PR. And for the question its "Yes" as you haven't moved to Canada permanently yet.

The answer would be "No" , if you are already a PR(done landing) and you are ready to move to Canada and also attend H1b. Some people who are a PR have travelled temporarily for H1b stamping/dropbox by giving their friends address. Remember they would ask your PR card when you go for in-person interview. I am not sure if COPR is considered a valid document for US officials to present your identity as a Permanent Resident of Canada.
I have a Canadian PR. Can I answer "No" to this question if I submit a dropbox in Dec/Jan but don't have a permanent address in Canada yet. Do we have to submit some proof of address also?

To give more background Looking to move permanently to Canada in March/April but want to travel to India in Dec/Jan to see family.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I have a Canadian PR. Can I answer "No" to this question if I submit a dropbox in Dec/Jan but don't have a permanent address in Canada yet. Do we have to submit some proof of address also?

To give more background Looking to move permanently to Canada in March/April but want to travel to India in Dec/Jan to see family.
They wouldn't ask for an Address proof. You can try answering "No" if you are looking for a dropbox. This doesn't guarantee that you might not be called for an interview. There are few cases where people were called for in-person interview after being qualified for Dropbox. just be prepared.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
They wouldn't ask for an Address proof. You can try answering "No" if you are looking for a dropbox. This doesn't guarantee that you might not be called for an interview. There are few cases where people were called for in-person interview after being qualified for Dropbox. just be prepared.
Thanks thats helpful.
In case I do get asked for an interview, does that mean I'll have to find a slot (currently it says no slots available) or will they provide an interview slot in such case?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks thats helpful.
In case I do get asked for an interview, does that mean I'll have to find a slot (currently it says no slots available) or will they provide an interview slot in such case?
I am not sure on that, i remember people reaching out to customercare on this scenario as they were called for in-person interview. I haven't seen those ones updating here after that.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus