+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Application - Police clearance certificate delay

rickiricki

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hi All,

I am worried my wife may not get her police clearance certificate on time.

Q1. If i am close to the PR application last date, can I submit our Canada PR application without her Police clearance and upload it later when it is available? I have documents that I had filed for police clearance certificate 3 weeks back.

Q2. I am little confused about last date of submission of PR application. On page one it had shown 90 days on first day, whereas when I started the application, and closed it - it says 60 days.

Now, its been almost 3 weeks, the countdown on start page says around 64 days but while existing from application is says 60 days, as it was saying on day 1.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi All,

Q1. If i am close to the PR application last date, can I submit our Canada PR application without her Police clearance and upload it later when it is available? I have documents that I had filed for police clearance certificate 3 weeks back.

Q2. I am little confused about last date of submission of PR application. On page one it had shown 90 days on first day, whereas when I started the application, and closed it - it says 60 days.

Now, its been almost 3 weeks, the countdown on start page says around 64 days but while existing from application is says 60 days, as it was saying on day 1.
yes you can upload proof that you applied for PCC and explain it in LOE. once you get it upload it through the CSE webform.
you have 90 days to submit application, not 60.

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Hi All,

Which country's PCC are you talking about? IRCC states that they "may" allow exception, but it is not guaranteed.

You have 90 days to submit the application. Ignore that 60 days part.