+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Post Return Label Not Available for USA

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi All

I got this passport request email from CPC-CDC-Ottawa yesterday.

"
STEP 3: SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS If you and your dependants reside in Canada

If you have a mailing address in the United States: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post and include it with your passports and a copy of this letter. Follow the link to purchase your shipping label:
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or a pre-paid Canada Post shipping label, or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail. "

Three questions:

1) I am in the USA and would like to get a return label from Canadapost so I can track my return of passport but the link above for canada post does not show the option for USA (but if you click view demo video I see it there) .. It shows some two options and the EST tool needs a business contract??

2) If you look at the heading in the quotes it says " STEP 3: SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS If you and your dependants reside in Canada" so would it not apply to USA folks ?

3) Can I write back to the email address provided and request them so I can go to a visa office center in USA and submit for the stamping?

I appreciate your time. Thx

NJS

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-03-2015
Med's Request
22-06-2015 & 3rd Line updated on 7-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
29-May-2015 & Submitted 23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Not called
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
johnbro said:
Hi All

I got this passport request email from CPC-CDC-Ottawa yesterday.

"
STEP 3: SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS If you and your dependants reside in Canada

If you have a mailing address in the United States: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post and include it with your passports and a copy of this letter. Follow the link to purchase your shipping label:
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or a pre-paid Canada Post shipping label, or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail. "

Three questions:

1) I am in the USA and would like to get a return label from Canadapost so I can track my return of passport but the link above for canada post does not show the option for USA (but if you click view demo video I see it there) .. It shows some two options and the EST tool needs a business contract??

2) If you look at the heading in the quotes it says " STEP 3: SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS If you and your dependants reside in Canada" so would it not apply to USA folks ?

3) Can I write back to the email address provided and request them so I can go to a visa office center in USA and submit for the stamping?

I appreciate your time. Thx
Hi Johnbro

If you want you can ask for VO change to NY or LA and courier your passports there. Here are the details for Canada post. I have not used it. But I have heard it works.

Below are the instructions.

go to https://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
Click on EST Online
Click on " go to EST online now"
Click on " Sign up now" & create your profile (small business). (Create any fake name company)

You will receive automated email "Welcome to Canada Post" and customer ID

sign out & close the browser.
go to https://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
Click on EST Online
Click on " go to EST online now"

Select online version of "Shipping - USA"
you will see Shipped By XXXXXX( your customer number) Put that same in paid by as well. Update sender & recipient details( by clicking CHANGE) & all other details.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Hi

thanks for the instructions but I created an account and then when I go to step of selecting "Shipping - USA" it asks for logon and when i logon the page errors out and nothing loads. I can't go beyond this. Pls advice.

Anyway, my friend in Canada in the mean time sent an ExpressPost USA envolope ... 1) can I use this envelope 2) is there a customs form or something I need to fill along with this envelope. Thx

tracyy10

Jan 19, 2017
Hello,
I had the same problem here in the US trying to print a shipping label from Canada to USA. I struggled for 3 days and spend hours at FedEx, UPS, USPS, and online trying to figure out a "A pre-paid courier envelope for the return of your passport, from a courier that operates between Canada and the United States". I also tried Canada Post to see if they could help but they don't ship any envelopes outside of Canada.
So, I tried UPS. Here are the steps:

1. Go to UPS.com and Create a Shipping Account. It will create a 6 character account number.
2. Log in and update your profile
2. Add your payment information (Credit Card) from My UPS > Billing
3. Keep checking your email for confirmation emails.
4. Once setup, Go to Shipping > Create an Import
5. Add address details. # 3 section I put Documents, 1, UPS Express Envelope, 0.5 lbs, $1 value, documents. # 4 section UPS Express, Print Label, Sent Email Notif.
6. Your payment Method should show up in the drop box. (Refer step # 3)
7. Next page setup email notifications.
8. Final Step -> Shop Now.
9. On the print page make sure Pop-Up windows are allowed.

Print the label and stick it to a UPS envelope. Fold and put it in another UPS envelope that going to Canada along with your passport and documents.

You will receive the tracking number in an email too if you pick that in the Create Shipment phase.

Thanks,
TY

jay_san30m

Sep 6, 2017
Hello,
I had the same problem here in the US trying to print a shipping label from Canada to USA. I struggled for 3 days and spend hours at FedEx, UPS, USPS, and online trying to figure out a "A pre-paid courier envelope for the return of your passport, from a courier that operates between Canada and the United States". I also tried Canada Post to see if they could help but they don't ship any envelopes outside of Canada.
So, I tried UPS. Here are the steps:

1. Go to UPS.com and Create a Shipping Account. It will create a 6 character account number.
2. Log in and update your profile
2. Add your payment information (Credit Card) from My UPS > Billing
3. Keep checking your email for confirmation emails.
4. Once setup, Go to Shipping > Create an Import
5. Add address details. # 3 section I put Documents, 1, UPS Express Envelope, 0.5 lbs, $1 value, documents. # 4 section UPS Express, Print Label, Sent Email Notif.
6. Your payment Method should show up in the drop box. (Refer step # 3)
7. Next page setup email notifications.
8. Final Step -> Shop Now.
9. On the print page make sure Pop-Up windows are allowed.

Print the label and stick it to a UPS envelope. Fold and put it in another UPS envelope that going to Canada along with your passport and documents.

You will receive the tracking number in an email too if you pick that in the Create Shipment phase.

Thanks,
TY
Hi Tracy,

Did it work for you? Did you face any problems?

Jay