+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada post lost passport and COPR

ajk00

Aug 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Looks like Canada post has lost my Indian passport and COPR with it. The online tracking says it was delivered yesterday 11:30 AM pacific time, but I was home. Never received it, immediately contacted Canada post but they were not helpful at all. Complete day today also went by, still nothing.

Delivery confirmation: I paid for signature on delivery option both ways. Still the postman delivered without signature to some unknown house as he claims the machine never showed him to take signatures. WTF. :/

Service type: Express post as requested by IRCC

Where I live: House, only one mailbox.

Neighbours and landlord: Checked already, nothing.

Complaint to Canada post: Have been spending so many hours on chat and phone and what not, they have told me to wait till 15th August even though online status says it was delivered.

Postman: Met him in the afternoon today, he had no idea. He said he might have mis-delivered it to some other address. WTF. :/

IRCC: Double confirmed the delivery address already.

I am lost on what to do, I feel like crying to be honest. It took me 19 months to get approved for paper based PR and now this. I want to cry so bad. :(

Anyone ever been in same situation?

perry001

Dec 30, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Looks like Canada post has lost my Indian passport and COPR with it. The online tracking says it was delivered yesterday 11:30 AM pacific time, but I was home. Never received it, immediately contacted Canada post but they were not helpful at all. Complete day today also went by, still nothing.

Delivery confirmation: I paid for signature on delivery option both ways. Still the postman delivered without signature to some unknown house as he claims the machine never showed him to take signatures. WTF. :/

Complaint to Canada post: Have been spending so many hours on chat and phone and what not, they have told me to wait till 15th August even though online status says it was delivered.

Postman: Met him in the afternoon today, he had no idea. He said he might have mis-delivered it to some other address. WTF. :/

I am lost on what to do, I feel like crying to be honest. It took me 19 months to get approved for paper based PR and now this. I want to cry so bad. :(

Contact your nearest canada post office if you have tracking number they can find the location where they delivered it.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I’d wait a couple more days. I’ve had on occasion, pieces of mail tracked that showed they were delivered to my address , but they weren’t. They arrived a couple days later

ajk00

Aug 9, 2019
I’d wait a couple more days. I’ve had on occasion, pieces of mail tracked that showed they were delivered to my address , but they weren’t. They arrived a couple days later
It was delivered on Thursday 11:30 AM pacific time, almost 3 days gone. I am going to call IRCC on Monday to make sure they have shipped my passport only in the return parcel I provided. Have a friend of friend who never got his return tracker activated last year but still received the passport and COPR. On the parcel, his return tracker was different then the one he provided.

ajk00

Aug 9, 2019
Still hasn't showed up. I don't know what to do. How can they deliver a signature item without signature?

Rcallan

Jul 2, 2018
Canada Post has lost my wife's passport and COPR. The tracking says item processed in Edmonton on Aug 25 and nothing after that. I have contacted CIC and Canada Post but seems like we need to get a new passport and COPR.

I am worried that they will want me to send the passport again to Ottawa via Canada post for a new COPR.

Dec 21, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Hi I am in same situation it delivered nov 15 but never get it and now worried can I get my permanent residence or not please help me and tell me the process what to do now