+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Post Lost CIC Mail

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
I recently have a head wrecking issue.
I applied for an amendment of COPR to correct a typographical error in my middle name. According to my MP, it was approved on Jun 8th and IRCC mailed it, but I still haven't received it. (almost 2 weeks). Most likely Canada Post has lost it. I did not change my address at all, and the address on file was correct.

Is there any way to ask IRCC to email the documents over? The result of Amending COPR is a status verification doc + 1 cover letter (used for re-issue pr card), and I am worried that the next time IRCC mails the documents again it will be lost again..... sigh..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Suggest you wait a few weeks before getting exercised about it. IRCC seems to - sometimes anyway - say 'mailed' when I guess they mean approved or printed or they thought about getting an envelope, etc. Or maybe sent to the mailroom. But not necessarily 'handed to Canada Post for delivery' as everyone else would mean.

So up to four weeks might be normal.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Suggest you wait a few weeks before getting exercised about it. IRCC seems to - sometimes anyway - say 'mailed' when I guess they mean approved or printed or they thought about getting an envelope, etc. Or maybe sent to the mailroom. But not necessarily 'handed to Canada Post for delivery' as everyone else would mean.

So up to four weeks might be normal.
Jeez this is confusing.. why would they say that.. let me wait til 8th of July then. Thanks for your help

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Jeez this is confusing.. why would they say that.. let me wait til 8th of July then. Thanks for your help
Simple answer is that for many agenrs, "mailing it" is when they do what is for them the last step, and there might ne several more steps remaining. But the document still has to get out of the building and they have no knowledge of that part.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Simple answer is that for many agenrs, "mailing it" is when they do what is for them the last step, and there might ne several more steps remaining. But the document still has to get out of the building and they have no knowledge of that part.
One additional question though:
Is it possible to mail IRCC a prepaid Canada Post Xpress Envelope? The one with tracking so that they can just mail the documents inside this envelop?
I am super tired of losing mails ... especially that is needed to correct my PR card.