+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Police Check - Name & Address of Organization...

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Hi

I haven't received an ITA (only submitted my profile last week), however I have to get a police check for my job and thought I'd get the one for PR at the same time so I don't have to go back again. (just incase I leave the 'pool' have LMIA etc). However, does anybody know the name, phone number and address of the organization for the Police Check form? Maybe they give you this on your document checklist?

Thanks!

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
Really? Nobody has had to get a police check in Canada? I believe it's a requirement if you've been in the country over 6 months.

Thanks!

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no need of police check for Canada as per my understanding. But if you have to do it then you have to search for RCMP department in your nearby area.

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
britinvancouver said:
Hi

I haven't received an ITA (only submitted my profile last week), however I have to get a police check for my job and thought I'd get the one for PR at the same time so I don't have to go back again. (just incase I leave the 'pool' have LMIA etc). However, does anybody know the name, phone number and address of the organization for the Police Check form? Maybe they give you this on your document checklist?

Thanks!
any local district police station. i got mine in calgary alberta from local police station in 3 weeks

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what i read on the police information check section on the CIC website, it says that unless requested, we don't have to submit one from Canada. But if you have the time and resources, it's better to get one in my opinion, just in case they will ask for it. :)there's a form on the RCMP website. And you'll have to go to the nearest police office or RCMP station in your area for fingerprinting. Electronic fingerprinting is faster than paper. Check the RCMP/local police dept.'s website too for the fees. They used to accept only money orders or bank drafts as modes of payment but i think some have started accepting major credit cards. Not so sure so it's best to check the website of your local police department.

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
"For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply."

I got my fingerprints done this morning for $70 (students/volunteers $25)the form is different from the regular police check no need for the organization name and address. Paid by visa.

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another info from the link below. Not sure which one's accurate though. If someone can verify this, we'd greatly appreciate it

cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

"How to get a Police Certificate:

If you are not a citizen of Canada:

If you live in Canada:
The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
Your full name
Date of birth
Sex
Mailing address
Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
Applicable fees"

But in my opinion, securing a record check before they request it is still better.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
j0an said:
Another info from the link below. Not sure which one's accurate though. If someone can verify this, we'd greatly appreciate it

cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
You didn't copy the first line, which says:

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No"

j0an

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No"
thank you so much! that clears up the confusion.. i didn't even notice the first line, jumped right to the requirements LOL! +1

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
jes_ON said:

No of course you don't, but the letter once you get into the pool advises you to obtain things like police certificates ahead of time as it can be quite time consuming. I want everything to go through as quickly as possible to avoid any delays or follow ups asking for anything. I've had enough trouble with all of that when obtaining LMIA & Work Permit where things weren't provided so they continuously ask questions, ultimately delaying the processing.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you currently live in Canada, providing a Canadian police check is not a requirement. They will do it themselves. You will be asked to submit fingerprints if someone with similar details to you is in the Canadian criminal system. That's all. You're completely free to submit one if you want to, but there's no requirement to do so. Also, I have heard quite a lot of police stations refuse to do it unless you have the request from CIC.

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
britinvancouver said:
No of course you don't, but the letter once you get into the pool advises you to obtain things like police certificates ahead of time as it can be quite time consuming. I want everything to go through as quickly as possible to avoid any delays or follow ups asking for anything. I've had enough trouble with all of that when obtaining LMIA & Work Permit where things weren't provided so they continuously ask questions, ultimately delaying the processing.
i agree that's why i got mine done and submitted. doesn't hurt and better thn wasting time.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Got mine too exactly a week. Submitted along with my 3 other PCC. Its better than none.