+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Passport - Without First Name

aditvasu

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Dear Folk,

Last week my Canada Passport issued without my First name. My name was given as one name in all my Canadian documents. That is why my Canadian Passport also issued in the same way. My first name column put as XXX.

My question is, should I continue to use it as it is? Will it create an issue when I travel? if I do not want to do the legal name change.

Please advise.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
You went through all the hoops right up to citizenship with one name. Why should it matter now? That is your name, you are Canadian, all is legal.

Reactions: aditvasu

aditvasu

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Thanks dude.
That is what I thought. I should not bother about it now, the long name change process and again change all Canadian records, take new passport, which is not required.

Navjot1234

Mar 7, 2022
Thanks dude.
That is what I thought. I should not bother about it now, the long name change process and again change all Canadian records, take new passport, which is not required.
Hi there, I am in the same situation. My given name on my passport is XXX. Have you ever faced any issue while travelling with that name? Do I need to correct my name on the passport. My entire name is mentioned under surname only.