Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
How is it their fault and why are they morons when the mistake was clearly on your end?

Blaming someone else for your mistake isn't really the way to go about IMHO. Your disgust and anger is justified if and only if they rejected your application in error in spite of you submitting a complete application with all the correct documents.

Accept the mistake, correct it and re-send the application. It is really okay to make mistakes. No need to blame others for that.

About people who need an "urgent" passport, there is a separate process for that and also, most people submit a complete application with correct documents. If anyone submits an application with incomplete/incorrect documentation, their application will be rejected just like yours. This is not some kind of conspiracy against you so don't take it personally.

Hope you get your passport soon! Good luck!
I know I made a mistake, my only point is they are experts and deal with these things everyday and can catch a small error quickly. But most of us can make small mistakes and there should be a little margin of human error. If I missed a document or fee or anything big or if they sense something suspicious then sure I will be happy to make all the effort satisfy them. but a 2 grader can understand the guarantor signed everything else but forgot to sign a photo. What is such a big deal if the let it go? If we start getting so picky about everything that it will be a never ending game going in circles. As an example they did not write my first name properly in their reply (missed a part of first name) so should I get picky and say that is not me? It's common sense if all returned documents are mine then it's my application. They can also use same common sense. I am just saying they should understand they are dealing with humans, not computers... if that is too much ask then ok you can ignore what I said and wait till this happens to you.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
I know I made a mistake, my only point is they are experts and deal with these things everyday and can catch a small error quickly. But most of us can make small mistakes and there should be a little margin of human error. If I missed a document or fee or anything big or if they sense something suspicious then sure I will be happy to make all the effort satisfy them. but a 2 grader can understand the guarantor signed everything else but forgot to sign a photo. What is such a big deal if the let it go? If we start getting so picky about everything that it will be a never ending game going in circles. As an example they did not write my first name properly in their reply (missed a part of first name) so should I get picky and say that is not me? It's common sense if all returned documents are mine then it's my application. They can also use same common sense. I am just saying they should understand they are dealing with humans, not computers... if that is too much ask then ok you can ignore what I said and wait till this happens to you.
I think signing the back of the photo by the guarantor is a critical requirement, as the guarantor needs to certify that the photo is the true likeness of the person. They need to write (I certify this to be a true likeness of (applicant's or child’s name)) and sign (the writing portion is usually pre-stamped by the studio).

I know this is frustrating, but if you need a passport in less than 60 days, send a request and they will schedule you an appointment.

Reactions: bellaluna

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I know I made a mistake, my only point is they are experts and deal with these things everyday and can catch a small error quickly. But most of us can make small mistakes and there should be a little margin of human error. If I missed a document or fee or anything big or if they sense something suspicious then sure I will be happy to make all the effort satisfy them. but I 2 grader can understand the guarantor signed everything else but forgot to sign a photo. What is such a big deal if the let it go? If we start getting so picky about everything that it will be a never ending game going in circles. As an example they did not write my first name properly in their reply (missed a part of first name) so should I get picky and say that is not me? It's common sense if all returned documents are mine then it's my application. They can also use same common sense. I am just saying they should understand they are dealing with humans, not computers... if that is too much ask then ok you can ignore what I said and wait till this happens to you.
I understand that you are frustrated but please understand that they are just following the orders given to them. They are making decisions, yes, but they are not making decisions entirely on their own. They are trained and taught the rules of what a "complete" application is and when your application didn't fit the criteria, they rejected it. If anything, you should blame the policy makers and not the employees. It is NOT their fault. They can use "common sense" and promote an incomplete application but if they do that, they might not have a job next day for forwarding an incomplete application. It is important to put yourself in their shoes. They also work for a living, just like you and me and they will have to follow the rules of their job.

I have seen situations where the applications were returned where the applicant was not at fault at all. Before October 2020, the Citizenship application form did not have any validations and there were some bugs in the form. For some people, one particular question under 'Prohibitions' will NOT be printed correctly - This was no fault of the applicant and the fault was on IRCC's end because they released a buggy version of the form to the public. Applicants received their applications back around 4 - 6 months after they applied (they lost like half a year waiting) for no fault at all of their own. This was infuriating. Imagine how you would have felt if this happened to you. What happened to you with your passport application isn't so bad, honestly.

My point is this : You are frustrated because your application got rejected but you should understand they are humans too, they are working a day job and they have rules to follow. They can't use their discretion and "common sense" all the time - they might be fired for not following the rules. Blame the bureaucrats, not the people who are simply following the rules.

Enjoy the rest of your day and hope you get your passport soon!

All the best!

Reactions: bellaluna

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
I understand that you are frustrated but please understand that they are just following the orders given to them. They are making decisions, yes, but they are not making decisions entirely on their own. They are trained and taught the rules of what a "complete" application is and when your application didn't fit the criteria, they rejected it. If anything, you should blame the policy makers and not the employees. It is NOT their fault. They can use "common sense" and promote an incomplete application but if they do that, they might not have a job next day for forwarding an incomplete application. It is important to put yourself in their shoes. They also work for a living, just like you and me and they will have to follow the rules of their job.

I have seen situations where the applications were returned where the applicant was not at fault at all. Before October 2020, the Citizenship application form did not have any validations and there were some bugs in the form. For some people, one particular question under 'Prohibitions' will NOT be printed correctly - This was no fault of the applicant and the fault was on IRCC's end because they released a buggy version of the form to the public. Applicants received their applications back around 4 - 6 months after they applied (they lost like half a year waiting) for no fault at all of their own. This was infuriating. Imagine how you would have felt if this happened to you. What happened to you with your passport application isn't so bad, honestly.

My point is this : You are frustrated because your application got rejected but you should understand they are humans too, they are working a day job and they have rules to follow. They can't use their discretion and "common sense" all the time - they might be fired for not following the rules. Blame the bureaucrats, not the people who are simply following the rules.

Enjoy the rest of your day and hope you get your passport soon!

All the best!
I agree with you. Just wanted to vent out my frustration here. Mistake is on my part, not denying that. I will have to follow the instructions if I need the passport. Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram