+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada or Denmark ??

vamsigunda

Jan 11, 2015
Hi friends,

I think this is little weird question. But can't resist myself putting this forward.

From an EE perspective, I have initiated the process by completing ECA and attending IELTS. I have completed BTech and has around 9+ years of experience in IT.

Now that I hear from many that the PR for Canada is being issued to them whose CRS is more than 450. My general assessment would give me around 400 points. It is quite tough to get through the PR for Canada now a days.

From a little research I could see another alternative of PR for Denmark. Could someone suggest me is it a viable option or an alternative to EE. Which is better interms of prospects.Appreciate if somebody can throw some light on this area please.

Many Thanks.

Thanks,
Vamsi

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Other options are Australia and New Zealand. These are english speaking countries so may be a better option as compared to Denmark.

Forstar du?

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i second the above answer, if you have the zeal and motivation to learn a new language....then Denmark is good. Denmark would give you a better work life balance (if that fascinates you :) ) compared to Canada and infrastructure/social infra wise Scandinavia is anyday ahead of Canada ( IMHO). But just with English your job options would always be limited.

Its a personal call, i feel more comfortable with English speaking environment (or the language i can understand and speak to a large extent)...what is that answer for you?

Another key point, since i have lived a fair amount of time in Scandinavia and in Canada....i find Canada more welcoming in terms of assimilation (nothing against Denmark or Scandinavia but Canada is country of immigrants...so nobody is an outsider )

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
vamsigunda said:
Hi friends,

I think this is little weird question. But can't resist myself putting this forward.

From an EE perspective, I have initiated the process by completing ECA and attending IELTS. I have completed BTech and has around 9+ years of experience in IT.

Now that I hear from many that the PR for Canada is being issued to them whose CRS is more than 450. My general assessment would give me around 400 points. It is quite tough to get through the PR for Canada now a day
lol denmark whao interesting. i lived in denmark for four years . a great town where you can easily get money if you are ever lucky to secure a good job but pr is another stressful part . you have to pass dansk prov2 to get pr and also you must have work for 3years with full time to even qualify.
is quite expensive if you have kids and you really want good quality of life . u face high level of racism so be prepare. the place is only good when u have no other options cos u definitely think of leaving at the long run. good luck

From a little research I could see another alternative of PR for Denmark. Could someone suggest me is it a viable option or an alternative to EE. Which is better interms of prospects.Appreciate if somebody can throw some light on this area please.

Many Thanks.

Thanks,
Vamsi

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Canada all the way.

Denmark is no no.

No jobs.
Housing sucks.
Refugees.
Weather sucks.
More sucks...

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
vamsigunda said:
Hi friends,

Now that I hear from many that the PR for Canada is being issued to them whose CRS is more than 450. My general assessment would give me around 400 points. It is quite tough to get through the PR for Canada now a days.

Many Thanks.

Thanks,
Vamsi

I lived and worked in Denmark almost 2 years, it was a very lovely place with nice people, very good healthcare system, and the weather was not so bad. Also, most people in Denmark already speak English which is good, and they are generally very open people. I am not sure how good the job prospects are because I was moved there by my company on a 2yr assignment, so I did not actually search for the job.

My only problem was, the income tax, it was very high (i was paying close to 50%) and In addition, I was required to pay tax on my health insurance contributions made by my company and also paid tax on things which my company had paid for me on my behalf (like my phone bill). I was very shocked when I found out about this. The cost of living is also higher than most parts of Europe and definitely much higher than Canada's. At the end of the month, my net income was just a small fraction of my earnings, for this reason I was very happy when i left Denmark.

That said I would definitely choose Canada over Denmark. I would recommend that you try to get a provincial nomination from Canada to boost your chances in express entry. Hope this helps

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Last year around this time we were briefly (but seriously) considering Denmark as an option in addition to Canada. They have a visa which they call as green card although it is not exactly PR because it has an expiry date and can be only be renewed if you continue to maintain a job with a certain standard level of earning.

But as we read more and more online about expat life in Denmark, these points came out of the woodwork:

1. Though a sizeable chunk of the population does speak English, you would need to learn Danish to network, get anywhere in social circles and generally get ahead in your career. And Danish is a language with limited scope in life because it is not as widely spoken as Spanish, French or German.

2. They generally seem to be a more closed culture than Canada. They are friendly but you have to really integrate into their culture very well. They are apparently slow to open up completely and give foreign visitors the benefit of the doubt in social situations.

3. You have to fairly quickly try to secure a job which provides you a salary above the acceptable lower limit stated by the immigration dept. At the end of the first year of your green card visa, they will check if you have already earned above that lower limit and only then would you then be able to continue and renew your visa. Something like that. It really didn't feel as flexible and hassle-free as an indefinite PR offered by Canada or Australia.

So we stopped considering it.

karachi-pakistan

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, AB, CA
Your IELTS score?

You can add 50 more points for Skill Transferability Factor if your score currently does not meet its requirements, and maybe wait a little for the cut-off to reach around your score then.

Alternatively, PNP would give you a massive boost in points and you will be eligible then.

Reactions: Idris Mubarak Usman

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Choose between Australia and Canada.

Nebs

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
vamsigunda said:
Hi friends,

Many Thanks.

Thanks,
Vamsi
Canada is a better choice for a prospective immigrant. Denmark is rigid and even when you are granted the green card visa, there are no mechanisms to encourage you to stay. Getting job for foreigners is so difficult so you get stuck doing cleaning jobs no matter how qualified you are.

Just my opinion anyway

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
From a pure economic point of view and looking at the future, I would NOT consider moving to ANY country in the EU (except maybe Germany and UK) IF I had a choice in life. The lack of any major economic incentives leads to a lack of growth in high skilled jobs. Combine this with a super high cost of living, exorbitant personal taxes, rigid and complex immigration schemes (even Denmark's green card scheme for example comes with an expiry date and other conditions pertaining to income earned), ageing local population and the need to master a completely new language - and you have a situation that will prove to be extremely difficult to overcome for skilled folks looking to immigrate and start a fresh life. If you already have a skilled job offer, then of course, the situation is very different.

Unless there are drastic changes in the overall nation planning to better assimilate skilled migrants, I would choose Canada all the way, especially for folks already fluent in English. Plus with Canada, once we become PR, it is a matter of four years stay before we get citizenship and then you can go wherever you want! Can Denmark give you that (they even specifically forbid you from working on your own!)? This is the freedom that I am talking about, especially valuable for folks who plan to work on their own (IT, online business, global markets traders etc etc) in the future.

Norway and Switzerland (both nations not part of the EU) would appeal to me purely for personal reasons even if I have to learn a new language, but neither of those countries seem to have any decent immigration programs for skilled people at the moment. Please correct me if I am wrong. I did not consider Aus or NZ even though I love the latter since they are just too far away from the rest of the world to my liking... :D

I hope it is useful for you even though this is my personal opinion.