+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada or Australia?? Please help!!

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Community members,

I am a Human Resources professional (managerial level) with over 6 yrs relevant industry experience. I am working with a IT Company and have done full time MBA – HR. My husband is a Marketing (Marcom, Branding, Advertising) professional at Managerial level with a leading telecom company. He has got more than 6 yrs industry experience and has done MBA-Marketing. Our kid is in a playway right now.

I belong to India. Me, my husband along with our 3 yrs kid are trying for PR.

We have spoken to some Consultants in India regarding Migration and were given two options, Canada or Australia.

Please suggest which would be a better location to settle permanently looking at our education background and experience. I have the following questions / criteria in mind:
a) Where can be get jobs faster in our relative fields?
b) Cost of living?
c) Cost of accommodation?
d) No racism.
e) More friendly people and cosmopolitan culture
f) Any other input you suggest

Please suggest as we feel that this is the right time to make a move so that our kid can start schooling in the new country from the very beginning. We need to file our papers at the earliest.

PS- we were given option of selecting NZD also. But I am not sure.
:-\

Dreamsaboutcanada

May 23, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
WGOAGVS
Both the country equally gud. Both has its own value. Every Country has + & - points. India also has some good & bad aspects.

sm9 said:
Hi Community members,

I am a Human Resources professional (managerial level) with over 6 yrs relevant industry experience. I am working with a IT Company and have done full time MBA – HR. My husband is a Marketing (Marcom, Branding, Advertising) professional at Managerial level with a leading telecom company. He has got more than 6 yrs industry experience and has done MBA-Marketing. Our kid is in a playway right now.

We have spoken to some Consultants in India regarding Migration and were given two options, Canada or Australia.

Please suggest which would be a better location to settle permanently looking at our education background and experience. I have the following questions / criteria in mind:
b) Cost of living?
d) No racism.

Please suggest as we feel that this is the right time to make a move so that our kid can start schooling in the new country from the very beginning. We need to file our papers at the earliest.

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
sm9 said:
Hi Community members,

b) Cost of living?
d) No racism.

Hi Sm9 ,

Posting a Topic 5 times on a forum like this pushes away some topics to the next page and its not advisable. Regarding your question it comes down to your personal choice. Before asking us about which place is better, I hope that you have googled it as there are many information available online comparing both the countries Quality of Life, Housing, Jobs, Taxation e.t.c

And don't forget this is a forum for people who loves Canada and want to make it their home so you would get most of the answers's not saying totally biased but naturally they would answer you favoring Canada because that's what is closer to their heart. If you ask the same question in an Australian Immigration forum you would get a different answer.

I have lived in Australia and loved it, but I choose Canada to live.

Best of luck

regards
charlie

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know India is gud n I am proud to be Indian...
The reason I am looking for immigration is better quality life, high standard of living and security for my baby when she grows up. India and especially Delhi is not a very safe place for women. The crimes against females is very high n on rise.

dbag

Star Member
May 6, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2013
LANDED..........
TBD
Hello,
Altough I am not an expert, let me try to answer ur questions pointwise:-
a) Australia
b) Depends on where u plan to live in Aus/Can though Aus. is more expensive in many fields, u can check numbeo.com also
c) Same as b) above
d) Canada, again IMO no place is completely racism-free
e) Canada
f) I think u should also consider weather, Aus. is definitely much warmer than Can., so if u like colder places Can. is fine else Aus.

Pl. remember Can. has temporarily suspended accepting FSW (Federal Skilled Worker) applications, so unless u or your spouse have job
offer you can't apply to Canada in this category currently.

Rgds,
D Bag

sm9 said:
Hi Community members,

b) Cost of living?
d) No racism.

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Charlie : I posted it only once but dont know how it was postd 5 times?? I agree with what you say that the answers can be baised...but still m takng chance...may b some point somewhere help me make a decision...

@ dbag : Thank you so much for revertng to my query and sharing your personal exp...Canada was our first priority as we have our frnds there so it would have been little easier fr us.. I applied throuh FSW but it got closed...My consultant told me to apply through Quebec route but I had no knowledge of french...though i enrolled myself fr french classes but we are not very sure about quebec option..
THere is sme other consultant tellng us that they can help us get a job in canada and then we can move through PNP route...consultant is askng a lot of money fr tht and we wont mind payng it if we get a gud job there...
At the same time tht consultant tld me tht thy can try australia also as i am HR professional..
that is the reason i am really confused...i do not want to make a decison in haste...so was searchng various availabl options and the place which is easy to settle down with our kind of profiles..

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
Both of the alternative are same...and both economy are booming...
points to consider before immigration...
1..Settle to that country where you have friends circle and family circle...it would be better to find job and guidance...
2.. in Australia YOU HAVE TO SCORE A MINIMUM BAND SCORE in IELTS which you have to score for immigration...where as Canada is flexible regarding the IELTS score...Al thought the new proposed plan for immigration might set few minimum score for IELTS to apply for FSW...

pros and con wise both country are neck to neck it depends on your skills and dedication to make most out of your catch...Last advice from my side hope for the best and prepare for the worst....

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks spartan300 fr sharing your opinion...
we r tryng to do r best...jus want to enquire if one of us applies fr PNP in canada can d other person apply fr australia...if we get thru 1 place we will drop other??

dbag

Star Member
May 6, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2013
LANDED..........
TBD
sm9 said:
@ Charlie : I posted it only once but dont know how it was postd 5 times?? I agree with what you say that the answers can be baised...but still m takng chance...may b some point somewhere help me make a decision...

@ dbag : Thank you so much for revertng to my query and sharing your personal exp...Canada was our first priority as we have our frnds there so it would have been little easier fr us.. I applied throuh FSW but it got closed...My consultant told me to apply through Quebec route but I had no knowledge of french...though i enrolled myself fr french classes but we are not very sure about quebec option..
THere is sme other consultant tellng us that they can help us get a job in canada and then we can move through PNP route...consultant is askng a lot of money fr tht and we wont mind payng it if we get a gud job there...
At the same time tht consultant tld me tht thy can try australia also as i am HR professional..
that is the reason i am really confused...i do not want to make a decison in haste...so was searchng various availabl options and the place which is easy to settle down with our kind of profiles..
Hi sm9,
As u applied for FSW and I guess your package was returned, u can try Quebec or PNP routes. French IMO is different than English and takes time to learn and even more time to speak properly ::). Regarding PNP the consultant should not be asking money for job offer and also it is illegal for any company to take money to give a job. You might want to check the genuineness of the offer through friends etc., if u can before proceeding. Nowadays Can. immi. is a lot stricter and any application should be perfect in all respects to get through all the hurdles.
I feel you should try both Aus. and Can. if u have the money and time :-X because you can never be sure of the final outcome of any application that you make. Most western/developed countries are tightening/streamlining their visa processes and the future is anybody's guess.
I applied a long time ago now (2.5 yrs+) and still waiting for PR visa which was to be given in approx. 12 months at the time of applying & most of my plans here are on hold due to the visa.

Rgds
DBag

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I'd not recommend neither Australia nor Canada if you earn more than $2000 per month.

atiyasi

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks jnathan fr ur opinion but please help me understand why do u say so?? collectvly bth of us earn around 2600$ pm.

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
I'd not recommend neither Australia nor Canada if you earn more than $2000 per month.
I do not understand this answer.. $2000 is not a lot at all..Can you elaborate on this?

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
jnathan said:
[/quote

Funny you say that, I am making around $5000 pm and that's not even including my wife. But we are migrating to canada this year.

But I understand your point :)