+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada landing on COPR (USA resident with H1B visa)

knakra92

Jun 3, 2022
Hey everyone,

I'm a US resident and I got the email from Canada Immigration that my application has been finalized and they are issuing the COPR for me and my wife but the COPR would only be valid until July 27th, 2022 which is almost 2 months from now since my medicals are expiring in July. So, I'm thinking of going to Canada by driving and do the soft landing and then come back on the next day. Can someone please confirm what happens in such cases? Also, how would I be able to reenter Canada the next time? Would there be any paper given to me for reentry?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You!

vm007

Feb 5, 2022
Hey everyone,

I'm a US resident and I got the email from Canada Immigration that my application has been finalized and they are issuing the COPR for me and my wife but the COPR would only be valid until July 27th, 2022 which is almost 2 months from now since my medicals are expiring in July. So, I'm thinking of going to Canada by driving and do the soft landing and then come back on the next day. Can someone please confirm what happens in such cases? Also, how would I be able to reenter Canada the next time? Would there be any paper given to me for reentry?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You!
1. Soft landing for 1 day is OK. No issues.
2. They will send you your COPR paper with your passport. On soft landing, they stamp that paper. Just keep that paper secure and you can use that for reentry.