+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada just announced new restrictions for travellers

studentfrompoland

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Canada announces new restrictions for travellers | Canada Immigration News (cicnews.com)

Concerning is this part:
"Starting next week, international flights can only land in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto. Incoming travellers will need to take COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test upon arrival and will need to stay in a hotel designated by the federal government at their own expense for three days while awaiting test results. Trudeau said the estimated cost of this to travellers is $2,000 Canadian. If the test result is negative, travellers will then need to quarantine at home for a total quarantine period of 14 days (three days at the hotel plus eleven days at home). Those who report a positive test result will need to stay at a designated government facility."

So that means that arriving students next week have to pay an estimated $2000 for those 3 days they have to be at this designated hotel?

Please gather here

Petito

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Canada announces new restrictions for travellers | Canada Immigration News (cicnews.com)

Concerning is this part:
"Starting next week, international flights can only land in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Toronto. Incoming travellers will need to take COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test upon arrival and will need to stay in a hotel designated by the federal government at their own expense for three days while awaiting test results. Trudeau said the estimated cost of this to travellers is $2,000 Canadian. If the test result is negative, travellers will then need to quarantine at home for a total quarantine period of 14 days (three days at the hotel plus eleven days at home). Those who report a positive test result will need to stay at a designated government facility."

So that means that arriving students next week have to pay an estimated $2000 for those 3 days they have to be at this designated hotel?

Please gather here
what is meaning of this???

sundeepk

Aug 3, 2019
any idea about what impact these new restrictions would have on people having valid COPR (those who got their COPR and PRV after march 18,2020) and waiting for travel.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
any idea about what impact these new restrictions would have on people having valid COPR (those who got their COPR and PRV after march 18,2020) and waiting for travel.
Nothing more except spend extra on the hotel quarantine and related costs, if you're all good to come and is able to arrive.

Arsh Josan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Got visa after waiting for 9 months and I have a flight on 7 feb and I am going to quarantine myself in a hotel for $821 dollars,
I am international Student, traveling for the first time,
just woke up today and read this terrible update , what should I do now, Can I Still travel?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Got visa after waiting for 9 months and I have a flight on 7 feb and I am going to quarantine myself in a hotel for $821 dollars,
I am international Student, traveling for the first time,
just woke up today and read this terrible update , what should I do now, Can I Still travel?
They'll take more than a week to apply this.
Here's the actual official press release:
https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html

"As soon as possible in the coming weeks, all air travellers arriving in Canada, with very limited exceptions, must reserve a room in a Government of Canada-approved hotel for three nights at their own cost, and take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival at their own cost. More details will be available in the coming days."

Arsh Josan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Yours
They'll take more than a week to apply this.
Here's the actual official press release:
https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/01/government-of-canada-introduces-further-restrictions-on-international-travel.html

"As soon as possible in the coming weeks, all air travellers arriving in Canada, with very limited exceptions, must reserve a room in a Government of Canada-approved hotel for three nights at their own cost, and take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival at their own cost. More details will be available in the coming days."
Your words should come true