+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Job Resume

Mr.Gul

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hello Friends, hope you all are doing well. Could you please recommend a professional Canadian-style resume writer? Also, if you guys could kindly share resume templates? Thanks in advance

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello Friends, hope you all are doing well. Could you please recommend a professional Canadian-style resume writer? Also, if you guys could kindly share resume templates? Thanks in advance
There are a few key things to consider when writing a resume in Canada, i learned this when i moved here to keep it simple for my country we use to add everything even primary school but here the its different just relevant info to the job that you are applying for i have like 6 resume lol.

Here is like a site

https://www.myperfectresume.com/lp/mprrwzlp03.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=sem&utm_campaign=109193110&utm_term=canadian resume&network=g&device=c&adposition=&adgroupid=57987605191&placement=&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-oqdBhDfARIsAO0TrGF3hp8hxG-lptLWj_PDfpt24cpLcGZX1-lX27mbz-awnXLpZ3SXkAQaAiuHEALw_wcB

Also some tips, these are things i look for when i am intervening with candidates at my job, when i look at resumes, and tips i give to friends.
  1. Use a clear, easy-to-read font and layout: A resume should be easy to read and navigate, so choose a font and layout that is professional and easy on the eyes.
  2. Include a summary or objective statement: This is a brief statement at the top of your resume that summarizes your skills and experience and explains why you are a good fit for the position.
  3. Focus on your achievements: Instead of just listing your job duties, highlight your achievements and the impact you had in your previous roles. Use concrete examples and quantify your achievements whenever possible.
  4. Tailor your resume to the job: Make sure your resume is targeted to the specific job you are applying for. Use the job posting as a guide to identify the skills and experience that are most relevant to the position.
  5. Keep it concise: A resume should be no more than two pages long. Use bullet points and short, concise sentences to highlight your skills and experience.
  6. Proofread carefully: Make sure to double-check your resume for spelling and grammar errors. A resume with errors can be a turn-off to potential employers.
  7. Use a Canadian spelling: In Canada, words like "honour" and "colour" are spelled with a "u," so be sure to use Canadian spelling on your resume. ( not so much necessary just nice to have, most people do not care)

Mr.Gul

Star Member
May 28, 2018
There are a few key things to consider when writing a resume in Canada, i learned this when i moved here to keep it simple for my country we use to add everything even primary school but here the its different just relevant info to the job that you are applying for i have like 6 resume lol.

Here is like a site

https://www.myperfectresume.com/lp/mprrwzlp03.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=sem&utm_campaign=109193110&utm_term=canadian resume&network=g&device=c&adposition=&adgroupid=57987605191&placement=&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-oqdBhDfARIsAO0TrGF3hp8hxG-lptLWj_PDfpt24cpLcGZX1-lX27mbz-awnXLpZ3SXkAQaAiuHEALw_wcB

Also some tips, these are things i look for when i am intervening with candidates at my job, when i look at resumes, and tips i give to friends.
  1. Use a clear, easy-to-read font and layout: A resume should be easy to read and navigate, so choose a font and layout that is professional and easy on the eyes.
  2. Include a summary or objective statement: This is a brief statement at the top of your resume that summarizes your skills and experience and explains why you are a good fit for the position.
  3. Focus on your achievements: Instead of just listing your job duties, highlight your achievements and the impact you had in your previous roles. Use concrete examples and quantify your achievements whenever possible.
  4. Tailor your resume to the job: Make sure your resume is targeted to the specific job you are applying for. Use the job posting as a guide to identify the skills and experience that are most relevant to the position.
  5. Keep it concise: A resume should be no more than two pages long. Use bullet points and short, concise sentences to highlight your skills and experience.
  6. Proofread carefully: Make sure to double-check your resume for spelling and grammar errors. A resume with errors can be a turn-off to potential employers.
  7. Use a Canadian spelling: In Canada, words like "honour" and "colour" are spelled with a "u," so be sure to use Canadian spelling on your resume. ( not so much necessary just nice to have, most people do not care)
Thank you very much for such a detailed suggestion/reply. Actually, I am a retired elementary teacher and want to get a school/students-related job like Teacher's Assistant/Aide or a Daycare teacher, etc in Canada as I know I can't get a teaching job with my Pakistani educational qualifications. Thanks once again and if you can share some info on this, I would really appreciate that too. Take care and have a great time.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thank you very much for such a detailed suggestion/reply. Actually, I am a retired elementary teacher and want to get a school/students-related job like Teacher's Assistant/Aide or a Daycare teacher, etc in Canada as I know I can't get a teaching job with my Pakistani educational qualifications. Thanks once again and if you can share some info on this, I would really appreciate that too. Take care and have a great time.
You're a retired teacher? How old are you? Are you in Canada?

Mr.Gul

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Okay. What is the reason you want a Canadian resume then, if you're retired and not living in Canada?
Thanks for your time. Actually, I want to move to Canada through PNP/AIP program, and for that, I need to apply for jobs in Canada. I want to get a teaching/school-related job there and to get a job in Canada, I need to have a Canadian-style resume. Cant a retired teacher, who got retired at 49 years of age in his own country, apply for a job in Canada?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Thanks for your time. Actually, I want to move to Canada through PNP/AIP program, and for that, I need to apply for jobs in Canada. I want to get a teaching/school-related job there and to get a job in Canada, I need to have a Canadian-style resume. Cant a retired teacher, who got retired at 49 years of age in his own country, apply for a job in Canada?
I'm sorry to tell you this but you have virtually no prospect of immigrating to Canada. The harsh reality is you're 49 and retired. On what basis would a Canadian government entity (being the education system, with its extremely strict hiring criteria) give a job to a teacher who is retired AND has no knowledge of the Canadian school system AND doesn't live in Canada AND doesn't have legal working rights?

At 49, you would get 0 points for your age/human capital factor, which would virtually cripple your chances of being eligible for any program from what I can tell.

Sorry but you're totally wasting your time here. If you had a Canadian PR/citizen sponsoring you under the family program, that's a different story. But you have no avenue to immigrate under an economic program with your circumstances. You're welcome to try and send your resume, but I can tell you in writing that it's going to be thrown in the bin within 5 seconds of looking at it based on what I said above.

Mr.Gul

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I'm sorry to tell you this but you have virtually no prospect of immigrating to Canada. The harsh reality is you're 49 and retired. On what basis would a Canadian government entity (being the education system, with its extremely strict hiring criteria) give a job to a teacher who is retired AND has no knowledge of the Canadian school system AND doesn't live in Canada AND doesn't have legal working rights?

At 49, you would get 0 points for your age/human capital factor, which would virtually cripple your chances of being eligible for any program from what I can tell.

Sorry but you're totally wasting your time here. If you had a Canadian PR/citizen sponsoring you under the family program, that's a different story. But you have no avenue to immigrate under an economic program with your circumstances. You're welcome to try and send your resume, but I can tell you in writing that it's going to be thrown in the bin within 5 seconds of looking at it based on what I said above.
Thanks for your input but actually, I am not applying directly to the Canadian Govt. entity, nor am I applying thru Express Entry. I am planning of applying to PR thru the AIP program where age doe not matters that much. Thanks once again for your time