11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
mf4361 said:
Because oil play is more international politics (mostly between USA and Saudis) than global demand/supply and Canada has relatively little say in it.

However, by over-relying on oil industry and refusing to diversify the economy countrywide puts Canadian economy at jeopardy.
Just to add a bit on this:

Yes it more of international politics issue but it's consequences brought where Canada is today. Canada has little say in it, doesn't mean it has little impact from it.

Due to oil market crashing, so many people lost jobs in Alberta and their market nearly crashed as well. This then indirectly impact CDN currency which then puts huge pressure for Canadian economy.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
iwasjeff said:
Just to add a bit on this:

Yes it more of international politics issue but it's consequences brought where Canada is today. Canada has little say in it, doesn't mean it has little impact from it.

Due to oil market crashing, so many people lost jobs in Alberta and their market nearly crashed as well. This then indirectly impact CDN currency which then puts huge pressure for Canadian economy.
That's what I said. Harper put Canada in a position where many people's job and livelihood depends on diplomatic situation where Canada has little control.

And actually we are just producing lots of oil, not oil products. Have Canada put more effort in building oil refineries, we would have been a lot less hit by oil price. (To oil drillers and producers, crude oil is revenue. To refineries, crude oil is a cost)

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mf4361 said:
That's what I said. Harper put Canada in a position where many people's job and livelihood depends on diplomatic situation where Canada has little control.

And actually we are just producing lots of oil, not oil products. Have Canada put more effort in building oil refineries, we would have been a lot less hit by oil price. (To oil drillers and producers, crude oil is revenue. To refineries, crude oil is a cost)
I am not supporting Stephan Charper but refining cost is high for oil sands and has lot of environmental impact

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
I think Canada needs to promote competence and innovation more in workplaces. Hiring needs to be unbiased and purely based on intelligence, not on PR or Canadian Exp. Canadian employers tend to focus on hiring immigrants because they are cheap labor but this practice needs to stop. Give money to ones who deserve it irrespective of their permit statuses. There is a reason why companies like Blackberry, Nortel, Sears, Target etc have failed here even after establishing themselves. Learn from silicon valley.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
mf4361 said:
True, but I didn't hear too many people complaining during 2008 and 2009 when the rest of the world's economies were falling apart but Canada's wasn't.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Most of the companies in Alberta are laying off people now due to oil recession. Hope it will improve from next year.

ullu_ka_pattha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After Oil, water is the new natural resource in limited supply. Canada, by virtue of having the largest fresh water reserves (60% of all world's lakes are in Canada) and icy northern areas that will form water with global warming, stands to gain most in the decades to come.
Next set of global skirmishes won't happen over Oil, they will happen over clean water.

Unlike other OPEC countries, Canada, along with Oil reserves, also has a lot of water and this puts it in a unique and commanding position for the future!

Current recession is a small matter and I believe only a blip in a very strong and high potential economy.

Rahul12

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
July 18
AOR Received.
April 10
Passport Req..
July 20/sent July 30
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 6th
LANDED..........
Aug 8th
uxd said:
I think Canada needs to promote competence and innovation more in workplaces. Hiring needs to be unbiased and purely based on intelligence, not on PR or Canadian Exp. Canadian employers tend to focus on hiring immigrants because they are cheap labor but this practice needs to stop. Give money to ones who deserve it irrespective of their permit statuses. There is a reason why companies like Blackberry, Nortel, Sears, Target etc have failed here even after establishing themselves. Learn from silicon valley.
Cheap labor? what?

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
haceeb said:
Recession is an essential part of capitalism. You have to empty the glass once in a while.
Very True

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
Rahul12 said:
Cheap labor? what?
Yes surprise surprise! :D
Unlike US, where immigrants for eg Indian diaspora has the highest avg income. In Canada, it is totally a different scene. Here, you are treated not as a competent intelligent person, but as a cheap labor who is willing to work for less because employers know you can not sustain for very long w/o a job :). In most cases, you would start at the most basic level if you are able to find a job (avg search time would be 6 months). Plenty of people here who are doctors, engineers etc. and are working as a bus/taxi driver. This is the reality.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
ullu_ka_pattha said:
After Oil, water is the new natural resource in limited supply. Canada, by virtue of having the largest fresh water reserves (60% of all world's lakes are in Canada) and icy northern areas that will form water with global warming, stands to gain most in the decades to come.
Next set of global skirmishes won't happen over Oil, they will happen over clean water.

Unlike other OPEC countries, Canada, along with Oil reserves, also has a lot of water and this puts it in a unique and commanding position for the future!

Current recession is a small matter and I believe only a blip in a very strong and high potential economy.
Sensible post!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
Alina.Taranenko said:
Hi!
You guys should try to live Ukraine, to estimate well all the benefits))) :eek:
Некоторым бесполезно что-то объяснять. Сытый голодного не разумеет...

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Because good economics is rarely good politics.
*sigh*. Agreed.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karinaS said:
Nobody forced you to be here... when so many people including me worry about their PR, crying over economy is so annoying. I lived here for 4 year, like lots of inland applicats. My life is here. I do not care about recessing now, I was PR. Inland applicants have jobs that they had for years.... You can blame me, but inland applicants decerve PR way more than ouland, who complain about job markets

Seriously wrong place to complain
firstly, calm ur titties... no one is complaining here.. just trying to be more educated on the matter.
after all everyone is looking for green pastures. Inland or outland is not even relevant; when there are so many refugees who deserve to be there more than anyone of us. So its not about who got there first. Try to think from your brain and not via ur keyboard mate.