+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Inland sponsorship questions

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
I have a few questions about the application.

1) How do I obtain the police certificate/is there somewhere I need to take it or send it? And what do I do with the fingerprints request form?
2)Do I submit IMM 5476 Use of a Representative form, even if I am not appointing a representative?
3) Should I pay both the application fee and the right to permanent residence fee at the same time?
4) For the spouse questionnaire form (IMM 5285) question #12 it asks to provide any additional details of your current relationship that would prove it is genuine/continuing. What can I submit? Besides all of the evidence I already am submitting (photos, joint accounts/ownership, travel itineraries etc.)
5) Does the Schedule A background check form need to be submitted by both the sponsor and the person being sponsored?
6) For the education section, should I translate the names of the schools from Portuguese to English?
7) For given names, does that include my married last name?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I just want to make sure everything is right and perfect. Thank you ahead of time!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure that an Inland application is your best choice?!

From what I've gleaned in my 3 years here, is that most people submit an Inland application for one of two reasons:

1. They didn't know that they could submit an Outland application if they are actually in Canada.

2. They are out of status, since the Inland application offers some level of protection from being removed by CBSA.

Ok...to address your questions:

1. You need to tell us which police certificate (which country) you need. Some require fingerprints (FBI, for example), while some do not.

2. No.

3. Yes, if possible. Deferring the RPRF until later will likely add to your processing time.

4. Just answer "Please see evidence of relationship documentation" (or similar). Do this for any other questions that ask the same question.

5. No, only the applicant.

6. Not sure. Just follow the instruction guide for your country.

7. Yes. You should also show this as an alias to your maiden name.

Good luck!

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
Ponga said:

1. You need to tell us which police certificate (which country) you need. Some require fingerprints (FBI, for example), while some do not.
Thanks for answering the questions and it is for Brazil

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Ponga said:
Are you sure that an Inland application is your best choice?!

From what I've gleaned in my 3 years here, is that most people submit an Inland application for one of two reasons:

1. They didn't know that they could submit an Outland application if they are actually in Canada.

2. They are out of status, since the Inland application offers some level of protection from being removed by CBSA.

2. No.

3. Yes, if possible. Deferring the RPRF until later will likely add to your processing time.

4. Just answer "Please see evidence of relationship documentation" (or similar). Do this for any other questions that ask the same question.

5. No, only the applicant.

6. Not sure. Just follow the instruction guide for your country.

7. Yes. You should also show this as an alias to your maiden name.

Good luck!
Inland is the worst. We did it because of the OWP but in hindsight, if I applied outland, I may have already got PR by now.

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
km9203 said:
Inland is the worst. We did it because of the OWP but in hindsight, if I applied outland, I may have already got PR by now.
What is the difference? Also, on the website it says that the sponsor needs to apply to be a sponsor and the spouse needs to apply for PR at the same time, is there 2 separate applications or is everything needed in the application package?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frostywoman said:
What is the difference? Also, on the website it says that the sponsor needs to apply to be a sponsor and the spouse needs to apply for PR at the same time, is there 2 separate applications or is everything needed in the application package?
Start here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

This will give you an idea of how things work. Ignore the estimated processing times, since they change all the time.

You will send a big `package' to CIC that will basically be three parts:

1. The forms and required documents (mostly photocopies) for the sponsor's application to sponsor.

2. The forms and required documents (mostly photocopies) for the applicant.

3. All of your evidence of your relationship.

You send everything together, along with the receipt for fees ($1040 total [$75 sponsor fee + $475 applicant fee + $490 RPRF fee] to sponsor one person).
Should you decide to submit an Inland application and include the Open Work Permit application, add $255 to the amount above.

You also need an immigration medical exam by a CIC approved Panel Physician (cost varies greatly based on your location) and any police clearance letters (PCC). Here's how you get one from Brazil:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/brazil.asp

georgensoo

Feb 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I'm in the process of putting our application together right now and I imagine part 3 'Evidence of your relationship' will be the biggest part since we have 2 years worth of evidence.
What would be considered appropriate evidence and how much is two much?
For example should I include all of our messaging for the last 2 years? That would be hundreds of pages of texts etc. If what do I make the cut?

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
georgensoo said:
I'm in the process of putting our application together right now and I imagine part 3 'Evidence of your relationship' will be the biggest part since we have 2 years worth of evidence.
What would be considered appropriate evidence and how much is two much?
For example should I include all of our messaging for the last 2 years? That would be hundreds of pages of texts etc. If what do I make the cut?
It's definitely the biggest part. For reference, we gave them:

1. A photo timeline of our relationship, from day 1 to our application day. This part was fun - like making a scrapbook of our relationship! We made sure to include photos of us on various trips we took, lots of different locations, obvious time differences between the photos, pictures with each of us with the others' family and friends, and lots of photos from our wedding day.

2. Because we were in a long distance relationship, we included chat logs and a copy of our facebook timeline. Like you, our chat logs would have been ENORMOUS! Hundreds, if not thousands of pages. We literally had skype running 24/7 for months at a time so we could just hop on and chat whenever we were near the computer at home. So, we picked random samples from the beginning and end of each month and printed them off with a little note explaining that there was way too much to print and we could provide more if requested. It took forever and I'm certain we provided way more than was necessary. This part sucked, mostly because there were some things I didn't necessarily want to share with a random CIC worker (sexy stuff, arguments we had, etc.) and we had to edit it all out.

3. A few signed letters from friends and family stating they knew about our relationship and were supportive of us.

4. Flight records and receipts for trips we took to visit each other during our relationship. We paired this with the photo timeline to show times we were together, and times we were not.

It was a pretty thick stack of paper, but not completely unmanageable.
I don't think more is necessarily better. Someone has to go through all of that, so I'd just try to make your case as clearly as possible. It should be easy for them to see at a glance that you two actually know each other well and have a real relationship.

frostywoman

Oct 27, 2016
Ponga said:
You also need an immigration medical exam by a CIC approved Panel Physician (cost varies greatly based on your location)
Do I need to submit the medical exam with the application or do they request it later? Because I read that they expire after 1 year so will that matter? Thanks so much for all of the info!