Canada immigration home visit

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm not concerned about it in my particular case. I have no reason whatsoever to expect that there will be any concerns raised about the genuineness of my relationship with my wife. Because I have the capacity to have empathy for others, I'm thinking about how I might respond to something of that nature. The fact that I have no reason to be concerned for myself personally obviously doesn't do anything to lessen the validity of my concerns about this practice.
Home visits are EXTREMELY rare. If the application is so weak and so full of holes and fraud indicators that IRCC needs to go as far as sending investigators to the house, then the couple has far more serious issues in their life.

mhaj0721

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Home visits are EXTREMELY rare. If the application is so weak and so full of holes and fraud indicators that IRCC needs to go as far as sending investigators to the house, then the couple has far more serious issues in their life.
if you look at the case that was quoted above, the red flag that was raised on the application was that the applicant hadn't updated a driver's license. That's not uncommon. They actually state that otherwise there was a lot of proof provided.
I know that home visits are rare. That doesn't mean they're something we can't or shouldn't discuss.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
if you look at the case that was quoted above, the red flag that was raised on the application was that the applicant hadn't updated a driver's license. That's not uncommon. They actually state that otherwise there was a lot of proof provided.
I know that home visits are rare. That doesn't mean they're something we can't or shouldn't discuss.
I never said that we shouldn't discuss it. I'm just pointing out the extreme rarity of this situation.

There was also the fact that the applicant was a failed refugee claimant that had been in Canada illegally for many years. Big red flag.