+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada IEC (Working Holiday Visa) - Proof of Funds

RedBanzino

Jul 28, 2022
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone's been through the Canadian IEC, and how your experience was with the Proof of Funds aspect of it? My girlfriend is coming here on a Working Holiday, and I'm just wondering how the proof of funds process works. I heard in a video that it's possible to give my own bank statement along with hers in a sort of sponsorship way, and a letter explaining what I can do to support her financially. If anyone has any info on this, that would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I suppose sending her $2.5k should suffice?

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone's been through the Canadian IEC, and how your experience was with the Proof of Funds aspect of it? My girlfriend is coming here on a Working Holiday, and I'm just wondering how the proof of funds process works. I heard in a video that it's possible to give my own bank statement along with hers in a sort of sponsorship way, and a letter explaining what I can do to support her financially. If anyone has any info on this, that would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I suppose sending her $2.5k should suffice?

Thanks.
It you are married or common law (have lived together for a full year continuously) and have a joint bank account, then the funds could be under your name as the primary account holder. Otherwise this doesn't work for the IEC application. Funds need to be in her name. Your funds don't add any value to the application.