+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Experience Class - Intra Company Transfer - IBM

PKGIndia

Sep 17, 2018
Hi,

I am a permanent employee of IBM India and worked for them in India from 2011 - 2016. I came to Canada as a part of Intra-company transfer in a closed WP under HCCM on 2017 January - till date. My contract in Canada has got extended till Dec,2019.

I am planning to apply for PR and have a few questions. Please help me by responding with best of your knowledge.

Question 1:
a. Do I need separate reference letter (one from IBM India and another from IBM Canada) ? Or should I contact IBM India HR and they will give me for both?
b. Has anyone from IBM has already obtained those. Please respond with the procedure.

Question 2:
a. Can I show my current job as valid job offer and claim the 50 points (I am in closed WP and will not get any letter stating the permanent position for 1 year after getting PR as per CIC requirement).
b. Do I still need to show Proof of fund if I have this job till 2019?

If anyone out there from IBM went through the same situation, please respond.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.

PKGIndia

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

I am a permanent employee of IBM India and worked for them in India from 2011 - 2016. I came to Canada as a part of Intra-company transfer in a closed WP under HCCM on 2017 January - till date. My contract in Canada has got extended till Dec,2019.

I am planning to apply for PR and have a few questions. Please help me by responding with best of your knowledge.

Question 1:
a. Do I need separate reference letter (one from IBM India and another from IBM Canada) ? Or should I contact IBM India HR and they will give me for both?
b. Has anyone from IBM has already obtained those. Please respond with the procedure.

Question 2:
a. Can I show my current job as valid job offer and claim the 50 points (I am in closed WP and will not get any letter stating the permanent position for 1 year after getting PR as per CIC requirement).

If anyone out there from IBM went through the same situation, please respond.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.

PKGIndia
Non IBMer... so wait for someone to comment on other aspects as well.

- For claiming foreign exp points(under adaptability) you will need IBM India Letter
- For claiming Canadian work exp points(under adaptability and others) you will need IBM Canada Letter
- Job offer can be claimed but this letter of reference not stating the 1 yr post PR availability of job falls under the gray zone...) My letter did not have that either(but my job offer is a local contract, although I moved here on ICT closed WP) but it was accepted, currently eligibility is approved...
- You do not have to show PoF as a CEC, but you have to mention in an LoE that since you are invited as CEC, PoF is not applicable for your application.

PKGIndia

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks Bimal for your reply. That was pretty helpful.

1. Some IBM'er replied in another thread that he has submitted without any specific letter from IBM. He just submitted the IBM Canada offer letter (with NOC mentioned), T4, WP extension mail and that has suffice the requirement.

2. I am worried about the IBM India experience letter (foreign work). I will wait for any IBM'er to reply.

3. You are correct about the grayness of the job offer part, so I will need to explore more on that (as a wrong claim can reject my application and may cause ban).

4. Though I may show my Canada work experience in my profile, it is not guaranteed that I will be called under CEC. So I presume that I need to have that fund ready a s a backup.

PKGIndia

Sep 17, 2018
If there were any IBM'er under HCCM, who has gone through the entire process and obtained the PR successfully?
Can please reply to the initial question to the best of your knowledge.

Your help is highly appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

Question 1:
Separate letters. IBM India for foreign work experience. IBM Canada for Canadian work experience.

Question 2:

The offer does not have to be permanent, but it does have to be for at least one year from the time you get PR. That is possible if you apply very soon. No guarantees, but people have reported being approved under similar circumstances. With your background, however, I would be surprised if you need the points...

???

If you qualify/get an ITA under CEC, you do not need to show proof of funds, regardless of having a valid job offer or not.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks Bimal for your reply. That was pretty helpful.

1. Some IBM'er replied in another thread that he has submitted without any specific letter from IBM. He just submitted the IBM Canada offer letter (with NOC mentioned), T4, WP extension mail and that has suffice the requirement.

2. I am worried about the IBM India experience letter (foreign work). I will wait for any IBM'er to reply.

3. You are correct about the grayness of the job offer part, so I will need to explore more on that (as a wrong claim can reject my application and may cause ban).

4. Though I may show my Canada work experience in my profile, it is not guaranteed that I will be called under CEC. So I presume that I need to have that fund ready a s a backup.
@jes_ON can you comment on point# 1.

Reactions: Pvij

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
@jes_ON can you comment on point# 1.
Didn't see the post to which you are referring, so, no, I cannot really comment. Just that based on the information repeated, that should NOT have been accepted. Possibly the VO called and verified with IBM. And sometimes errors are made to the benefit of applicants.

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Didn't see the post to which you are referring, so, no, I cannot really comment. Just that based on the information repeated, that should NOT have been accepted. Possibly the VO called and verified with IBM. And sometimes errors are made to the benefit of applicants.
Does anybody able to claim additional 50 points with intra company transfer(LMIA exempt, Specialized knowledge)?

Below are my details:

1.I have completed my 1 year experience working in Canada at March 20201 on the close work permit, Intra company transfer (specialized knowledge, LMIA exempt).

2.I have a job offer letter which has been given by the employer stated, “temporary work permit for two years to be issued” dated Feb -2020.

3.I have a work permit valid until March 2022.
4.I have all my paystubs, T4 document, employment letter dated in April (mentioned Full time, Canada experience mentioned, annual salary)

Will these documents helpful for claiming those 50 points?