+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada EE - PCC from Luxembourg

adha

Oct 31, 2018
Hello,

I've received an ITA and need to provide a PPC from Luxembourg. The link to the cic website gives the following information:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/luxembourg.html
"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a file number and a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter and file number when you apply for a Police Certificate."

However, in the list of documents that I need to upload before I can submit my application, they've asked me for a PCC from Luxembourg. I've written to them a couple of times to ask them what should I submit with my application and/or when will I receive the stated letter and file number, and have received a standard reply saying 'follow the instructions on the link'.

Now I am confused and don't know what to submit with my application. Should I go ahead and get a PCC from Luxembourg without their letter and submit it anyway, with an explanation of how I got the PCC?

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello,

I've received an ITA and need to provide a PPC from Luxembourg. The link to the cic website gives the following information:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/luxembourg.html
"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a file number and a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter and file number when you apply for a Police Certificate."

However, in the list of documents that I need to upload before I can submit my application, they've asked me for a PCC from Luxembourg. I've written to them a couple of times to ask them what should I submit with my application and/or when will I receive the stated letter and file number, and have received a standard reply saying 'follow the instructions on the link'.

Now I am confused and don't know what to submit with my application. Should I go ahead and get a PCC from Luxembourg without their letter and submit it anyway, with an explanation of how I got the PCC?

Thanks for any help that you can provide!
No you need to wait for their instruction letter.
What you do is write an LOE, saying you need the request letter from IRCC, and upload that in the PCC Luxembourg field.
They'll send it to you soon after you submit your application.

adha

Oct 31, 2018
No you need to wait for their instruction letter.
What you do is write an LOE, saying you need the request letter from IRCC, and upload that in the PCC Luxembourg field.
They'll send it to you soon after you submit your application.
This helps - Thanks!

nitink1985

Nov 17, 2016
Hi, Can you please confirm me, if it went through. I have been trying to get my PCC for a long time but nothing is working.

adha

Oct 31, 2018
Hi, Can you please confirm me, if it went through. I have been trying to get my PCC for a long time but nothing is working.
I got the letter from CIC around 4 - 5 weeks after I submitted my application. It took another 4 weeks after I sent request to Luxembourg for the PCC to arrive in my mail. Hope this helps.

Reactions: nitink1985